Band issues

Braven05
on 11/2/13 10:38 pm - Syracuse, NY
Hello. Haven't been on this site in quite some time but in doing some googling of course I came up with results from here. Super frustrated! I am 5 1/2 years out from band surgery, have gained all my weight back (was down 100 lbs at one point) and now I'm having so many issues. To make matters worse I left my job a couple months ago so I have no insurance to do anything. I contacted a friend who used to work in the bariatric office and she got the doctor who I've seen a couple times before to agree to completely unfill me for free on Monday. I can't wait. I hope that's good enough. I was doing okay until August and then out of nowhere I was too tight. I have trouble getting liquids in sometimes and all day long I have liquid bubbling up into my throat. Sleeping at night is awful because unless I stop eating and drinking like 4 hours before I lay down (and even that isn't a guarantee) then I have the liquid bubbling up all night long. I'm so I incredibly upset. I just want this thing out of me. I hope an unfill makes me more comfortable at least. I also am having a lot of port pain after my daughter stepped on it 5 months ago.
342/325/237/150
Consult/Surgery/Current/Goal
4 fills/2 unfills - 4 cc in my 10 cc band
H.A.L.A B.
on 12/3/13 2:38 am

Either you need to pay cash to have it removed or need a new job with insurance that will cover that.  HUGS.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active