lap band removal??

PplAmanda
on 12/17/13 12:47 pm - Benton, AR
I had lap band surgery 5 years ago and have been miserable ever since. The band worked a little at first but I was constantly throwing up. After a horrible episode of not getting any liquid down about 3 years ago I had a complete unfill and haven't been back to see my surgeon since.
Has anyone had the lap band removed? Did your insurance pay for the removal? I have Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield.
I have a whole list of symptoms including near constant reflux, sinus issues, throwing up at least 3 times a week, unable to eat HEALTHY foods at all.
Ugh. I want this demon gone!!
pdxgirl78
on 1/26/14 1:21 pm

I had mine removed on Dec.11th 2013. Life has been SO MUCH BETTER without that demon!!! My employer provides the worst insurance possible so I was a self-pay, but it was worth it. Since the band had never really worked for me, I find the dieting after removal isn't really any more difficult. Except now I can actually east healthy foods and that's a miracle. And actually I"m so grateful to be able to eat a salad and some grilled chicken with pain or sliming/vomiting I'm quite satisfied :)

FAIRY_5
on 1/29/14 1:50 am

I had Aetna, and with all the complications that I had, insurance paid for it in full to be removed.  

outriggal
on 12/29/14 7:35 am

I have Aetna too. I had this thing put it almost five years ago in Mexico. I have to get it out. The throwing up is becoming really bad. I don't have acid reflux, but I throw up about 5 times a week at least.

What do I need to say when I go into the doctor to get this covered by my insurance. Worst thing I have ever done to my body. It seems to be getting worse.

Most Active