Repair/Revision of Vertical Banded Gastroplasty to Roux n Y. Nervous! Scared!

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/14 5:36 am, edited 12/10/14 5:38 am

Hello everyone. Hang in there! I just returned from a visit with my PCP and now I'm scared to have my surgery that is needed. I had a VBG done in 1990 but developed some problems. The surgery was never right for me. Anyway, I need to have the silastic band sewn in my stomach removed and then have a new stomach reconstructed. I have had many surgeries but now I am really scared about this one. The doctor wants to start out doing it laparascopliy but switch to open if too much scar tissue. I told him I know there is a lot of scar tissue and midas well do it open but no. He's a very good surgeon but not my original surgeon whom is in NJ. The doctor couldn't tell me how long the surgery is going to be. I'm told this is a complicated surgery by both my Gi doctor and PCP. I hate the recovery process! Thanks for listening to my rant. My surgery is Thursday December 18th.

NYMom222
on 12/13/14 9:57 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Good Luck! You won't know how long the surgery is, you will be asleep :) Surgery is always scary, it's natural.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

(deactivated member)
on 12/16/14 9:57 am

Thanks so much New York Mom!

Most Active