Anyone with RNY been EXTREMELY burpy (painfully) very occasionally (no obv. food...

mystimel
on 5/20/15 12:05 pm - Long Beach, CA

I saw a gastro doc about this issue when it first started happening a year or so after my surgery. I sometimes will get so burpy and bloated I am in pain and can't even stand up straight. I burp and burp as much as possible but it can go on for hours with little relief and the gas just builds. There doesn't seem to be any link to a particular food. I had a negative experience with the first gastro doc I saw, who told me to "just try not to burp so much" and gave me a pill that didn't help and told me my endoscopy showed little to nothing that'd cause it. I just gave up and dealt with it for a while. I had a couple more extreme episodes recently so I decided to try a different doc. He said it could be Celiac, IBS, or SBBOS and I'm getting tested for all three. Has anyone else with RNY had this issue? What did it end up being. BTW there are also other times I get very very burpy but I don't get painfully so. That happens more often than the painful episodes. Even those times though, I'm much more burpy than my mom is who has also had RNY a year before me. (she can still get more burpy than a norm person) Any insight would be great! Thanks in advance!

SW:230 CW:159 GW:135

lisaphillipsbuhl
on 5/16/16 9:13 pm - Maryville , TN 37801, Te

Are you on a CPAP machine?  Mine was too high and was pushing air into my stomach filling me full of gas. It was so bad that I was waking up throwing up from a sleeping position into my mask. This air pressure caused me to have GERD when I did not have it before CPAP. 

Most Active