Feeling of pressure and stuck food in what I guess is my esophogus.

cici123
on 10/14/16 3:31 pm

Hi everyone!  I had VSG surgery in June, 2016 and for the most part everything has gone off really really well.  I do have a lot of heart burn, but can handle it with tums and other acid blockers type of meds.   It happens often, but I just know it is not an uncommon side effect that I am happy to deal with since it was for what is such an important life changer.  

The more bothersome things is that I always have a feeling like there is a dry dinner roll stuck in the back of my neck, sort of just below my larynx and that there is a dry meat loaf stuck between  my rib cage, kind of the solar plexus area.  Just to clarify, no I am not eating dinner rolls at all and have had no dry meat loafs or any meatloaf for that matter.  This is not a really painful feeling, just not pleasant and is bothersome.   Has anyone else had this same sensation.  Any suggestions, any insights, anything.....

Oh, it happens most significantly in the late afternoon, evening, and at night and is worse when I am sitting down or lying down.   I do sit and get a lot of catch up paper work for my job in the evening.    

Thanks everyone!!!

juliakoso
on 12/28/16 11:31 am

So what happened? Was it a stricture and he fixed it? That's happened to me a couple of times. How are you doing?

Most Active