Update on my progress

ibcraig0
on 11/21/13 1:58 am

I posted here several months ago that I had been told by my doctor in January of this year that he was going to put me on insulin.  As of today, 11/22/13 my blood sugar is perfectly normal.  My fasting sugar is between 80 and 90 and checked two hours after meals it is never over 125.  Since I started this journey in January I have lost 80 pounds and I have not weighed what I now weigh since I was 25.  I'm not there yet though I still have about 65 pounds to go to meet my goal.  I feel fantastic, I have energy I haven't had since I was 22 and running marathons and lifting weights daily.  My last A1C about 3 months ago was 6.8 and because I have kept very close track of my blood sugar I know it will be around 5.5 this next time.  I started exercising an hour a day 5 days a week but discovered that I do better and lose more weight doing cardio for 30 minutes a day and adding resistance training along with the cardio.  I also do high intensity interval training two times a week.  The feeling in my numb feet is coming back and they feel almost normal again.

The one thing that surprised me about the diabetes was that bad fats like trans fat and hydrogenated oils are the real culprits more than sugar for causing diabetes.  The bad fats go into your body and your body absorbs them as it would good fats because it can't tell the difference.  The problem is that those fats go into your cells and make the cell walls rigid when they are supposed to be pliable and it causes the insulin receptors on the cell walls not to function properly.  So when you eat sugar and your body releases insulin that insulin attaches to the glucose in your blood and tries to attach to the cell wall receptors to be absorbed and used as fuel but because the cell walls are now rigid from the bad fats the insulin loaded with glucose just bounces off the cell walls and just keeps floating around in your blood.  Eventually the insulin releases the glucose and your blood becomes overloaded with glucose.  That is what causes type 2 diabetes and why it is so hard for someone with diabetes to cure it.  Unless you stop eating the bad fats and start eating good healthy omega 3 fats like flaxseed oil your body never repairs its cells and you just become more and more insulin resistant.  Your body needs more and more insulin to handle all the glucose floating around in your blood but your body is never really able to utilize the glucose as it should.  That's why you feel tired and lethargic with no energy with type 2 diabetes.  Anyway, I am living proof that type 2 diabetes can be cured naturally.  Don't lose hope you can do it too!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 154 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 482 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 822 views