Need Help and Information

ginabob1
on 9/4/18 4:46 pm - Modesto, CA

I had my RNY in 2008 and my Diabetes was never resolved and I had gotten my A1C down to 6.8. My worked changed insurance to kaiser who took me off my bydureon and all oral medication and put me on insulin. My A1c shot up to 9.8. Before Kaiser I had almost got down to my ideal weight. after Kaiser taking me off my meds and starting Insulin I shot back up to 234 (started at 290 and lowest weight was 165). My insurance changed again and I went back on my previous bydureon and a couple of meds and my a1c fell to 7.8 so my doctor kept adding until I am taking 5 oral medications and 2 injectables (1 weekly & insulin nightly) this has gotten my A1c down to 6.8 and my weight it down to 190, however my liver enzymes test are coming back really High (AST 212) ALT (311) and I was just released from the hospital with acute pancreatitis and a partial small intestine obstruction.I am feeling really defeated.

My question is, is there a diabetic doctor (IN California ) that specializes with patients who have had the RYN

I feel that my body is not metabolizing the medications properly and my doctor keeps adding meds that are starting to effect my liver. I am an RNY patient who is taking 7 different Medications.

Is there anyone out there with a similar experience? If so what was done to help

PrivateCitizen
on 12/24/18 12:09 pm

Hi from rainy N. CA. I began following the success of Dr. Jason Fung who treats obese and very sick diabetics. I had lost one kidney to cancer, was obese, and rising sugars every year. I finally found a renal doc who totally approved my low carb diet that lowered creatinine, and lost me weight too.

He has considerable information free online (he has a practice in Toronto CN) but is known all over the world now for helping patients reverse diabetic issues.

He has a book-i got it from our library: The Diabetes Code, which is technical, fascinating, and encouraging me to stay with Low carb, and choose one meal a day, then regular meals the next, and so so it's working for me to lose!- called intermittent fasting. My FBG came down to under 100 for the first time in years of just diet alone.

He talks about natural reversal of T2 almost immediately-weeks- after bariatric surgery, since you have NOT experienced that there must be some other complication affecting you.

The online FB group will have people in CA who may know of resources and docs.

Obesity Code Diet / Diabetes Code Diet (Dr Jason Fung) (there are a couple, the is the one I joined)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/474511529419087/

I know more doctors are coming to recommend a low carb diet for diabetics, at least you can explore this, and see if something jumps out to talk to your MD about.

contact me back-friend me here, if I can offer at least moral support i will. merry Christmas!

many videos on youtube-this is on T2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekqq6DE8vGE

PrivateCitizen
on 12/24/18 12:15 pm

oops..I meant I found a LOCAL renal doc who approved my low carb (ketogenic) diet.

He was surprised how well I was doing after learning about Dr. Fung, and changing my eating.

I want to avoid any possibility of needing future dialysis, and with just one kidney I am more adamant than ever to protect it.

best wished.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dry Mouth Substitute
Kayla_Davis1 · 1 replies · 156 views
Leg Stent, T1 Diabetes
AW · 0 replies · 483 views
Want sugar
jfak7670 · 2 replies · 825 views