3 years today!

Dutchy
on 4/19/10 8:46 am - stittsville, Canada
Hey all,

It has been a while since my last post, but i do lurk and ready daily.

Well today is my third year surgiversary.

It has been a struggle, I still have not made my goal, in fact i gained about 20 pounds since the fall of 2009.

Carbs are my downfall my vice it seems my everything, I just cannot control myself when i am around them and i am around them all the time, I blame myself for not getting to my goal.

I had 150 pounds to lose and i lost 100 for that i am very happy, If i can give any advice to newbies out there, please don't test the carb/suger waters for a very long time, in the beginning of my WLS i  of course hated food and could not eat a tablespoon but about six months after that i could eat a few crackers and from there is began... few crackers few chips, so on and so forth.

I know my surgery tool is not broken, I am failing it due to my bad eating habits, that is how i got to 305 pounds to begin with.

I have no regrets, the only thing i wish is that i was 50 pounds less and i know what i need to do to get there, I started seeing a therapist and that is going well.

Who knew this WLS stuff would be so hard, It is so hard and SO not the easy way out.

Things i miss,

Being able to eat a full meal and having that full almost too full feeling like you just want to lay down, I can't eat like that anymore if i eat one bite too much i get a mouth full of saliva and feel like i want to throw up.

Things i don't miss.

Sweating...  i used to sweat just sitting, I DON"T miss that one bit, And always looking for the size before the style of clothing, i never looked at style i always bought for size .... if it was in my size i bought it, Now i can go for some Style and i like that.

Hope everyone is well.

Happy Surgiversary to Me!!!!

Hugs

Kerry

kitkat24
on 4/19/10 9:29 am
Kerry,
Carbs suck. I am glad I have negative side effects from eating them. This helps me to stay away from them! Dropped 3 pounds last week just staying away from them.
Congrats to you! NO, it is not easy is it?
Kathy
Janine P.
on 4/19/10 9:33 am - Long Island, NY
Kerry, congratulations!!!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

Kayla B.
on 4/19/10 9:35 am - Austin, TX
Happy surgiversary Kerry!  Glad you stopped by!
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
Jackie D.
on 4/19/10 10:23 am - Hudsonville, MI
Happy Surgiversary!  I'm 4 years today! (Almost Twins... lol) 
Sounds like you've had a rough time of it.  I'm so sorry
you're frustrated.  Hopefully the therapy will help you to
attain your goal weight.
Best Wishes!

beemerbeeper
on 4/19/10 11:22 am - AL
Hijack:

Jackie,

Happy Surgiversary to you!  Please share what life is like for you 4 years out!!!

Julie R.
on 4/19/10 10:49 am - Ludington, MI
Hi Kerry!
Happy Surgiversary!
I hear you on the carbs - I struggle with them daily, and have been working at detoxing from an extended date with the Easter Bunny that led to a weight gain.
You're DS will be there waiting for you once you get some of these issues cleared up.  Good luck to you, hun. 
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

beemerbeeper
on 4/19/10 11:20 am - AL
Kerry,

Would posting on our daily bites and vites thread be of help to you?  I so hope you can find the way to loose to goal.  Being at goal is just the BEST feeling in the world.

I love carbs but they no longer love me so I just don't do them.  No white flour, wheat flour, corn flour or sugar alcohols for me.  I make cheese crisps when I want cruchy and I make flourless PB cookies.  I also eat very dark chocoalte (which is lower carb than milk chocolate) every day to get my chocolate fix.  So I just get my snacky fixes in a little different way.

I hope something someone posts to you is really helpful to you.

Fade2Pink
on 4/19/10 11:47 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Hi Kerry, first of all, happy surgiversary and congrats on losing those 100 pounds.  That is no small accomplishment and you should be proud of that.  It sounds like you know what you need to do, and I know it's not as easy as all that.  Just take it 10 pounds at a time, so it's not overwhelming.  Find snacks that are high in protein and try not to have those carbs in the house.  Easy for me to say, I know.  But hang in there.  You can do this. Your DS is there and will work with you.  
Duodenal Switch 4/29/09
Loving my DS!!

hopingintx
on 4/19/10 1:06 pm
Congratulations on your surgiversary.

Hope therapy will help resolve your problem. It is in my future, too.

Thanks for posting.
Nancy            
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 124 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 665 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views