Left out...

Melissa W.
on 3/23/11 2:50 am - Nashville, TN
All the stuff they do for incentives here at work involve food so I suggested they have options for those with dietary restrictions... so they sd we are having a dessert day and did anyone have special needs and I sd I need sugar free thinking they could do jello or pudding at the least... sugar free right... they didn't do anything they sd I couldn't find anything.... what a cop out. Then you want me to be happy and excited at work when everyone else is getting treated and I get nothing. =( you could at least do something for us. I am mad and it made me feel like I don't matter. She sd sorry... well that sorry don't help cause you really didn't try and I am a person and count too but I am constantly left out!
M Dub
Gettin' Switched November 2nd!
My Son, My Soldier, My Hero!

Lisa A.
on 3/23/11 2:57 am - Windsor, NY
I'm just curious... why do you have to go sugar free? Is it a choice you make on your own? I know people with RNY go sugar free but I thought with DS you can have sugar in moderation. Not knowing your background maybe you have an adverse reaction to sugar. I was just curious....

bookfaerie
on 3/23/11 3:01 am
 Some folks do no carb and very low carb during their weight loss phase. 
 "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"What your heart thinks is great, is great. The soul's emphasis is always right." Ralph Waldo Emerson    
Lisa A.
on 3/23/11 3:08 am - Windsor, NY
Yeah... I guess I was one of them because I just couldn't eat at all basically for the first 6 months. I can't even imagine so soon after having surgery thinking about dessert. I just didn't even have an appetite for the first 6 months. I had to force myself to get protein in and what little food or drink I could hold down. Kudos to those of you that have done so well.

bookfaerie
on 3/23/11 3:12 am
 There but for the grace of God go I. I have no idea why I've done so well. I'm hungry all the dang time, and I (so far) can eat virtually anything without consequence. If my weight loss slows down I'll go to lower carb, but for the moment I'm getting close to 60 lbs in 3 months with a little over 100 lbs to lose total. So I'm basically eating what I want so long as I get my protein in. 
My biggest problem is fluids. They dont' like me. I don't like them. But I'm working on it. 

I think it sucks that they didn't take the time to buy a sugar free apple pie or something. Ass hats.
 "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"What your heart thinks is great, is great. The soul's emphasis is always right." Ralph Waldo Emerson    
Rochella B.
on 3/23/11 3:12 am - Lees Summit, MO
I know that when I'm at work, it's always best to go sugar-free EVERYTHING! Sometimes, I never know if the content in a sugary food/dessert is going to cause me issues! However, if I eat protein beforehand, that usually makes it easier...but ya, for me, the less carbs I eat at work, the better!

Duodenal Switch 5/31/2006 Dr. Marchesini, Curitiba, Brazil

Highest/Starting weight: 328. Lowest weight: 159 Current weight: 167. I'm coming back down!

Plastic Surgery 5/31/2010 Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico: LBL/BL/BA/Inner Thigh Lift, Arm Lift

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/11 4:22 am
Melissa W.-

You're getting switched in November - just hang on!  When you start dropping weight with no apparent dieting, the SB's (skinny *****es) at work will marvel, ask if your're sick, etc.  You will begin to feel gleeful at the fact that once your insides get settled, you can eat anythng you want.  If you are a Type II diabetic, you will likely be cured.   If you have obsttuctive sleep apnea, you will likely get to drop kick your CPAp/Bi-PAP machine.  You will be amazed every day at the things you will be able to do, that you stopped doing because of the weight.  Walking and climbing stairs will be easier.  Your knees won't hurt as much, and if you're like me, your rheumatologist can put off knee replacements for another 10-15 years, shoot up your knees with some Synvisc-One, (to keep the joint bone from further eroding) and call it a day!

To heck with those inconsiderate, soulless SB's! 

In the meantime, bring your own SF dessert to share.  Walmart has pies, cakes, cookies, and there are tons of recipes that use Splenda, and they're GOOD!
goodkel
on 3/23/11 5:02 am
I would have eaten a sugary treat, anyway, and then walked around the office the rest of the day spreading fumes. Any comments would be met with,"Well there were no sugar free choices and this is what happens. I tried to tell them."

Bet it would be the last time...

And, really, there are absolutely no diabetics in your office who could have used something sugar free, too?
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Julie R.
on 3/23/11 5:11 am - Ludington, MI
I'm going to very respectfully disagree with your assertion that any accomodations need to be made for you.     Sure, it would have been nice, but I've never once asked anyone at my place of employment to please make something just so that I could enjoy it, and it does not anger me if it's not provided.    If I wanted something low carb, I'd bring it myself.    I also stayed low carb 99% of the time in the weight loss phase, so that when a special day or treat did come up, I didnt' feel guilty about enjoying a small taste of this or that.     When I went to family gatherings or offered to bring a dish to parties, I'd make a low carb one.   Often "normies" would enjoy my low carb offerings just as much if not more than the low carbers in the bunch.    
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Nopenname
on 3/23/11 5:18 am, edited 3/23/11 5:19 am - Tacoma, WA
 I kind of have to agree with Julie. It's not like you allergic to sugar in the way someone is allergic to peanuts, and it's not like you have a moral objection to sugar the way a vegan may have to meat products. 

I am an adult, if only sugary sodas are available at a party, I will gladly drink water. If chips and dips are the only thing availble and the chips are white flour, I'll pick out half a serving size of chips and eat twice as much sourcream onion dip as anyone else. I also carry beano and gasx in my purse in case I know it's gonna be a carb fest and I just don't damn well care (Hello Superbowl snacks why yes I do want a plate of home made pepperoni pizza rolls thank you). 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

I'm pretty sure bacon tastes as good as thin feels!
*Feel free to call me "Pen" or "Nic" I'll even answer to "hey you" *

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 363 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views