gall baldder removed post ds..is there any difference in

rhonda C.
on 3/26/11 9:47 pm - PA
your bathroom habits? I know that gall bladder aids in breaking down some fat eaten,now when it is gone wondering if it means I should cut down my fat intake afterward : (....  (oh bacon,cheese,mayo,cream..what will I do )
Surgeon says I should,that some people will have more bathroom issues if diet has high fat content.because it will just go straight to the small intestine and out . Just thought I'd post to see what you guys think???
Rhonda   

Confidence never comes from having all the answers:
it comes from being open to ask questions

marriedmom
on 3/26/11 10:38 pm - Middleville, MI
Rhonda,
I had my GB removed 5 weeks post DS. I have not had to change my diet at all. I still eat all full fat items. With the increase of Calcium and Iron, I now have had to add 4 stool softners a day,just to keep things moving. So, go ahead and enjoy!

Barb
  5'1.5  HW 280 pre-op 270  GW 150  CW 147

airbender
on 3/26/11 10:46 pm
i had my gallbaldder removed at the same time as my DS, i have no  bathroom issues, either consitpation or diarrhea (yes very fortunate) i eat bacon almost everyday, cheese, etc i do not monitor my fat intake and have no issues, as a DSer fat (since it is about 80% malabsorbed) you can eat a fair amount of fat and be ok....
"Just Elizabeth "
on 3/27/11 12:04 am - Houston, TX
I had mine out 3 years post DS. I never noticed a difference in my bathroom habits. I still have very runny poo if I become lax in my supplimentation.

Elizabeth                                                      
Back in the U.S.A.

"I have lost the lumbering hulk that I once was.  I don't hide behind my clothes or behind my door.  I am part of life's rich tapestry not an observer."  Kirmy

MsBatt
on 3/27/11 1:34 am
The gall bladder does NOT aid in breaking down fat---that's done by the bile that's stored in the gall bladder. The GB itself is just a holding tank.Once it's gone, the bile constantly trickles down the bilio-pancreatic limb and eventually to the common channel.

I had my GB removed at the time of my DS. I've had no bowel issues whatsoever---and I eat a LOT of fat.
beemerbeeper
on 3/27/11 1:53 am - AL
I can't figure out why surgeons don't take those suckers the first time they are in there.  Mine was, thank goodness.  I eat tons of fat and still have constipation problems when I go low carb. 

I do not think you will have to cut fat, I've never heard of that.

~Becky

rhonda C.
on 3/27/11 4:07 am - PA
Oh thank goodness,I can't bear to think about eating low fat after enjoying all the rich yummies of full fat foods.I cannot understand why they don't take them out at surgery either,but non the less mine is causing me alot of issues so out she comes...
Thanks so much guys for all your input and information.I knew I could count on you to come through for me..lol
Rhonda   

Confidence never comes from having all the answers:
it comes from being open to ask questions

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 256 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 737 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views