proferrin

kidnee
on 4/1/11 10:07 pm - WILLIAMSTOWN , NJ
 Proferrin..... ( heme Iron) anyone have any gastric complaints from taking? It is coated so we really should not break in half but we do for better absorption, and it says not to lay down for 30 minutes after taking. I think this is causing me increase of gas and GI upset, which those who know me know that is already a huge problem for me and heart burn. I think i will stop taking and if I have to do infusions, well, bring them on. My iron studies are good except for my ferritin. I will be having a uterine ablation to stop or greatly reduce monthly bleeding. It is taking all my good iron stores from me. Just wondering. thanks all.

Donna      HW 242   SW 227  CW 117 

MajorMom
on 4/1/11 10:50 pm - VA
Zero complaints with Proferrin. All positive. This one is the least likely to cause gastric issues and yep, split them into 2 pieces to improve absorption. While the jury is still out on how well Proferrin improves ferritin, it did improve my H & H. The combo of carbonyl and heme improved my ferritin and iron serum levels. 

Do what you gotta do, Donna. We're all different in the iron department.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

KimberlyHeidi
on 4/2/11 9:37 am - VA
 Still trying to figure this one out and hijacked your facebook post on it lol. How many do you take and do you take any other Iron with it?

I have been having more issues now (bathroom, tushy, worsening acid reflux) and we are thinking its from the Iron. My levels arent good and are barely going up with one Proferrin a morning and then 2 BA chewable Iron a night. My Dr told me to try and go to 2 Proferrin a day but I must admit I am very nervous to do that with the issues that seem to be from it. 

I have heard this is the easiest iron on the tummy so that is what worries me the most. I am not sure when people start looking into shots and infusions and how low their numbers are when they do. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 273 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 747 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views