Its been a while...

Mykahlia
on 4/2/11 3:34 am - Bremerton, Wa
Its been a while since I checked on. I had been in the hospital for over 3 months. The surgeon finally agreed he had gone down to far on my switch and my body was not absorbing any nutrition at all. Anything I ate and drank was basically for the mechanics of it. In Feb they had to go back in and move the intestinal connection point back and now we are on the wait and see if this is going to work. So far my pre albumin hasnt gone up from 10.7 but it hasnt dropped down again. The surgeon says its going to take a good amount of time to get it back up in the normal range. I just wish I knew if I could trust that or not. I want to feel better.

I am still dropping weight at this point and have lost 147 pounds in about 11 months. I has been fun this last few weeks getting new cloths and fitting in to sizes I havent seen since I was in high school. The other day I actually bought a large top though I wanted to grab the x-large my friends said I think that will be to big for you and the large was perfect fit!

Well off to make another protein shake! didnt know you could take in 160 grams or more a day.. woohoo.

beemerbeeper
on 4/2/11 4:26 am - AL
What?  In the hospital for 3 months?  They couldn't do TPN at home?  I'm sorry I don't understand, but congrats on your weight loss.

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/11 4:33 am
gak
on 4/2/11 6:58 am
Revision on 06/21/13
Sorry you have had a rough 3 months . Not sure I understand all that happened. Did he do a revision on you then so you will absorb more ? Did you have more complications that kept you hospitalized ? I do hope you feel better soon. Who was your doc as well ? It is wonderful he admitted an error ! That is so unusual ! 

Keep feeling better and pushing that protein.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

KimberlyHeidi
on 4/2/11 9:31 am - VA
 Oh my I am so sorry I cant and dont even want to imagine what 3 months in the hospital would be like, but congrats on the weight loss! 
girlygirl1313
on 4/2/11 10:25 am - Davidson, NC
 How awful!  Who was your surgeon?

~GG

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 355 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 133 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1049 views