OT Mailbox was exploded!

pycca
on 4/7/11 12:22 pm - Haslet, TX
Then I was a raving bit**h to  the husband of  the  poor woman who ran it over !!

I live on a very small street that has one street that comes in to it. in other words a "T ".Well my home sits across where the T part is, This poor woman turned the corner, blacked out and hit a combined brick mailbox for two homes, It is(WAS) 4 feet across  and stood 5 feet tall.,,,yes she was speeding , police think about 35 in this area, and we have 3 deaf signs on all three points so you are suppose to slow to 10 mph. But it exploded and we had brick and car parts in front of my yard ans the next three housed west of us!! All the way to the front porches...MESS MESS MESS !

Her husband comes around and is a jerk, She was a short woman about 300 lbs, and it was soooo evident she was verbally abused...

All I could think of was to defend her as he was yelling,, and we looked like a war zone,,,   all I could think of was to give her a hug,,, I finally went off on him,,, NOT once did he ask if she was OK, what happened, are you hurt, we said if she blacked out she need to see a Dr, he said he didn't have time for that, he had to find someone to tow the car.  In Texas, if you black out from unknown cause, it is a mandatory 6 month suspension of your DL !!  you think he would have been concerned about her in some way !!

Probably will never get my mailbox fixed now !!  No wonder I don't want to get married again,,,,

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/11 12:57 pm
That's really sad. But I tell ya, there are a**holes everywhere. 
pycca
on 4/7/11 1:13 pm - Haslet, TX
Hi Inge,
I find since I am now no longer smo I feel like I should protect and stand up for someone who is so low on self esteem, and it is caused by those around them !!

I think we are more sensitive after we do our own life changes..  it is sad,,,
gak
on 4/7/11 1:16 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Ge****ell you it's been a crazy week for a lot of people ! He is definitely a BIG TIME jerk ! 

GOOD for you for going off ! He definitely deserved it !

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

pycca
on 4/7/11 1:27 pm - Haslet, TX
I think he did LOL  It was so apparent she was scared of him,  and of course not knowing what happened!!

He was so unsympathetic ! not a kind word or even a hug,or " we will figure ir out"....felt like Ii had to stand up for her !! 

gak
on 4/7/11 1:30 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
That's kind of scary she was that scared of him. Makes you wonder the situation. Maybe if you have to interact any more for insurance etc.. you can tell her about the DS !     Then she might stand up for herself more. I think a lot of are more out spoken since dropping the weight ! I know I have been ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

pycca
on 4/7/11 11:31 pm - Haslet, TX
Mentioning the DS is on my mind,,, her self esteem ALONE needs this !!!  She really was a sweet person.  but really very timid and scared,,,

With the language and the yelling he did,, It was obvious why...
KimberlyHeidi
on 4/7/11 1:16 pm - VA
 Oh my thats awful! 
jewel506
on 4/7/11 2:12 pm - Houston, TX

Oh Debi!!  

First of all... thank goodness no one was hurt!!!  Whew!!!

How very fortunate for that woman she hit "your" mailbox - and you stood up for her.  What a sweetheart you are for considering her feelings - especially with your mailbox tossed all across several yards!!

It's a shame she doesn't feel worthy to stand up for herself.  I hope she at least gets checked out medically - to find out why she blacked out.  Scary!!

Sorry about your mailbox.  Hope you can get it repaired/rebuilt.  (((hugs)))

Julie

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” - Plato
Stormy 918 is my Angel         Angel to DarcyMad, MizCharlottekmg9122,  Staceeann dianeys73/Diane Davis
HW 258.5 /SW 250 /GW 140 /CW 125

pycca
on 4/7/11 11:28 pm - Haslet, TX
Thanks Julie !!

In  a way it was funny,

Here I am  defending her and seeing if she is alright, then he just ignores her, no concern for her health or wellbeing.... SO I lit into him,,, my neighbor was laughing at me later calling me "warrior woman""  LOL Threatened to buy me a spear from the Trader Village flea market,,,LOL

Sad about mailbox, but it is only a box,  Not a person. 
Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 66 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 66 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 634 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 230 views