The best damn low carb bread

Julie R.
on 4/7/11 4:56 am - Ludington, MI
I had the very rare opportunity to go to Trader Joes and Whole Foods last weekend.   Because I live in the sticks and my shopping choices are limited to Meijer and Walmart, whenever I go somewhere like this, I'm like a convict let out of prison.    I found the BEST low-carb bread at Whole Foods.     It's called Cybros Sprouted Bread and it's only 3 or 4 net carbs per slice and it's SO FREAKIN' GOOD!

I can order it online - thank my chosen diety - and the price ain't too shabby either.  It's supposed to freeze well.    Here's a link to the site.   http://www.cybrosbakery.com/

Now I've never had Julian bread (which is why I went to Whole Foods to look for it) but I can't imagine it holding a candle to this, and it's half the price.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Linda .
on 4/7/11 5:18 am - Gilroy, CA
Thanks for the info.  I'm enjoying the breads from Julian Bakery, but the are pricey.
Candace Sparkles
on 4/7/11 5:43 am
Thanks for this info! They are currently building a whole foods in my town, can't wait. I settle now for a low carb tortilla. I get it at walmart. I can't remember who makes it, if you use tortillas a lot or want to know i can def post it, I'm just too lazy to go to my refrig right now lol. Anyway it only has 7 net carbs for a whole tortilla. I can't eat a whole one, so I just eat half of it, and at 3 carbs that aint too shabby. I usually either eat it with a breakfast burrito or I make a sandwich, but turn it into a tortilla roll. I actually prefer the tortilla to brad now because for me it's easier to eat. I still have issues being able to eat large amount of bread. With bread I eat a couple bites and I'm full, however for whatever reason, with a tortilla I'm good. 

My DS

100% EWL achieved!

sw 291/cw 134/gw 145 (Resetting goal to 135!) (resetting yet again to 120!)

Chad M.
on 4/7/11 5:49 am - Indianapolis, IN
I'll give it a shot. According to their website, the Whole Foods stores around town carry it.

I personally do not care for Julian bread, so you aren't missing anything IMO. It's expensive, heavy, dry, and chewy. It's nothing like what I want out of bread.
Kathleen F.
on 4/7/11 6:31 am
Heck. It looks like it's only available at Whole Foods in the Mid West. I haven't found a sprouted grain bread around here yet that was that low carb. Wonder how well it travels if it is shipped to California?
Julie R.
on 4/7/11 7:52 am - Ludington, MI
 I've read about people having it shipped and it's still a good deal per loaf, and someone mentioned that they had it shipped to Texas.

wings
on 4/7/11 6:45 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Hi Julie

Did this bread cause you any Gas?  I am going to order some tomorrow.  Thanks for posting this because this will help with my get back on the DS wagon plan. 

Love Carla

P.S. Oh to have a sandwhich again would just be awsome. 
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6HR7lf/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6HR7lf/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
Julie R.
on 4/7/11 7:54 am - Ludington, MI
 One piece does not cause me gas - I haven't tried two yet.
It says somewhere on the website that a lot of people who are sensitive to whole wheat bread are not so much so with sprouted wheat.

Blank Out
on 4/7/11 8:34 am
 Oh, I know, it's the bomb!  I love it!!!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

jewel506
on 4/7/11 8:50 am - Houston, TX

Not available at the Whole Foods around me, either.....but I may order some.

Did you try the 'regular' 7 grain or the "plus"?

Thanks for the review, Julie!  

'the other' Julie  :-)

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” - Plato
Stormy 918 is my Angel         Angel to DarcyMad, MizCharlottekmg9122,  Staceeann dianeys73/Diane Davis
HW 258.5 /SW 250 /GW 140 /CW 125

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 146 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 688 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views