had a check up with Greenaum

momof2b1g
on 4/9/11 10:21 am - Warwick, RI
My BMI is only 19 and Im 5"9 AT 128.3 LBS. hE Ws not happy. I am supposed to have hernia surgery on the 15th of April. His only concern is that I mght lose more weigh afterwards. I', sure I'll be fine my albumin was aliitle low bbut not so much and all my other vits were good I'm not malnurished so I'm sure ot will be fne. now my support system leaves aloot to be desired but I"ll manage,

love you gys, Tiff

Elizabeth N.
on 4/9/11 10:33 am - Burlington County, NJ
He worries about that stuff. If only the recommended postop supplementation program mirrored his worries :-/. A lot of people seem to get pretty low with him, but they almost all bounce back nicely. Push that protein, with even just "a little bit low."
gak
on 4/9/11 11:23 am
Revision on 06/21/13
Low albumin is showing your protein stores are LOW . I think he has a right to be concerned. I would add 2 or 3 protein shakes a day and do so after surgery for awhile. If your protein is low you will heal slower from your hernia surgery, which could cause complications.

I do not want to really scare you, but it is a reality, depending on how low it is and how your body reacts to more surgery.

I hope you do well !

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

beemerbeeper
on 4/9/11 12:04 pm - AL
How much protein do you get every day?  How much is from protein supplements? 

It sounds to me like you are well on your way to protein malnourishment and you really don't want to go there.

Are you on creon?

I hope you start doing better soon.

~Becky

kidnee
on 4/10/11 10:15 am - WILLIAMSTOWN , NJ
 Tiff,
you need to increase you protein shakes and are you taking the creon. He must have ordered it for you because he is a creon maniac. He gets nervous when his patients get too low.  I was afraid to take it at first but now do, most of the time. I am not real faithful with it but do fairly well. I am a little thing myself, but my albumin and protein numbers are good. My hair is good and my skin is good. I do 2/3 scoops of protein a day.
Hope you hang onto your weight and get your protein stores up. eat and drink protein!!!!!

Donna

Donna      HW 242   SW 227  CW 117 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 121 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 663 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views