Happy passoer !!

yoram
on 4/15/11 3:38 pm - Israel
 Happy passover . be careful with the matzas.
Hag Sameah
Hi
English is not my language and I apologize for my mistakes
Thank you for your patience

lauralisi
on 4/15/11 4:49 pm - Dona Ana, NM
Toda Raba!
(deactivated member)
on 4/15/11 6:13 pm - San Jose, CA
We are deferring our informal seder until next Saturday.  My 80 year old father will make the matzoh balls for the soup - he makes the best ones I've ever had.  Unfortunately, they also turn me into a weapon of mass destruction a few hours later - especially when combined with raw white onion, eaten with the soup, as is the tradition in our family.

Because we didn't have corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's Day, I'm thinking of making that instead of a pot roast for dinner.  My daughter's Mexican/Salvadoran in-laws won't know the difference, right?
Sarah_Anne
on 4/15/11 6:30 pm
I think matzah ball soup is the only think I look forward to eating during Pesach... The rest is just - uch!
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
(deactivated member)
on 4/15/11 6:42 pm - San Jose, CA

I make a wicked charoset, which my kids and I love to eat afterwards as a sort of fruit salad.

Charoset:
6 Granny Smith (green) apples, and 6 red apples (HoneyCrisps are delish), quartered and cored and chopped coarsely in the food processor, and sprinkled liberally with lemon juice
A mess of walnuts or pecans, chopped coarsly
A box of yellow raisins
A mess of honey
A tablespoon or so of cinnamon
Half a bottle of Maneschewitz concord grape wine

Mix and let the flavors meld overnight.  Should be like very wet cement in texture.

One of these days, I'm going to try making the leftovers into a pie filling or crumble cobbler.

Sarah_Anne
on 4/15/11 6:46 pm
That sounds great! I forgot I do like charoset.   I kinda want some now... I guess I'll have to wait till Monday!
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
sweetdew
on 4/16/11 7:16 am - CA
Diana,

That sounds soooooooo scrumptious!  Mmmmmm , might have to try that one!
Sweetdew
2005-Revision from Lap-band to RNY, 12/2010 Revision from RNY to DS
HW-305  DS,SW-262  CW-slowly going down  GW-140/160

Rockne
on 4/16/11 11:20 am - South Orange County, CA
Okay, that did it. But for here, I'm stopping by quite unannounced to sample the feast and do an impromptu inspection of the renovations, hubbies recent facial shave and just generally be an unwelcomed pest mostly FEEDING MY FACE and insuring you're up to code. Like, I would even have a clue, but damn it- that’s my excuse and I'm bloody famished now. Just keep your hands and other appendages secure from yours truly when this hungry.

Tis as said,

Rockne
lauralisi
on 4/16/11 2:47 am - Dona Ana, NM
Let's all get together and eat all that.  Then let's contract ourselves out to the IDF.
(deactivated member)
on 4/16/11 4:05 am - San Jose, CA
Hmm, this could be interesting. I finally got a prescription called in for Flagyl - first time I've used it post-DS. I will start it in the next day or so. I wonder if I will be "rewarded" with a fart-free matzoh ball soup experience on Saturday?
Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 360 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 134 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1050 views