Jennifer D. - What has happened to her?

neacres100
on 4/24/11 11:23 am - NJ
Has anyone heard from Jennifer D from Canada?  Just wanted to touch base with her to see how she's doing. 

Donna

Erroded lapband removed 12/28/09, stomach repaired, infected port cut out.

WLS done on Dec 14th, 2010.WOOHOO!!
I survived & I'm alive!  Dr. Gagner is my life saver!
Cheri H.
on 4/24/11 12:33 pm - Brampton, Canada
I haven't been around on OH the last few days but the last I heard her surgery was cancelled because the OR was fully booked or something - she posted about it on the OH board a few days ago.

I'm supposed to be her angel and I haven't heard anything further unfortunately....I'll send her a message to see how she's doing though and let her know someone is thinking about her.
Cheri                                                                                                              I the DS!

I had the Duodenal Switch!  Do yourself a favour and check out www.dsfacts.com - especially if your BMI is over 50!

HW: 426/SW: 421/CW: 165/ GW: 150           Current BMI is 26.6!         
neacres100
on 4/24/11 11:50 pm - NJ
Thanks Cheri.

Donna

Renee2007
on 4/24/11 12:53 pm - Central, FL
 This was the post she made about the surgery getting cancelled. She also mentions getting a new date in June further down in the thread.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4374548/X/

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

neacres100
on 4/24/11 11:49 pm - NJ
Thanks Renee.

Donna

Jennifer D.
on 4/24/11 10:52 pm, edited 4/24/11 10:54 pm
Hi Donna
Thanks for thinking about me. If the surgery hadn't been postponed I would have been driving to my mom's today (2 hrs North), Montreal tomorrow (another 10 hrs) then surgery Wednesday. I received an email on April 18th - 5 days after the official confirmation on April 13th that there were not enough people to staff the OR. While I agree that this is a good reason to have to cancel, why was this not known on the 13th?? Anyway, feeling a little disappointed and sorry for myself today.

So the plan is to have surgery on the next date available - June 6th, 8th or 10th - won't know until a couple of weeks prior.

I had booked a hotel $340 through Travelocity secret hotels which are non-refundable, non-changeable, non-transferable. I spoke to them about my situation, sent them a copy of all the emails and they actually cancelled my booking without penalty. Nice people.

Sooo, that's where I'm at. Back at the waiting game. It will probably work out better being so close to the end of the school year.

How are you doing???
neacres100
on 4/24/11 11:48 pm - NJ
I couldn't send you a PM, your name for some reason doesn't come up as a live link.

Sorry to hear about your cancellation.  it will happen for you soon.

I'm doing pretty good and feeling great.

Donna

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 146 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 688 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views