Sublingual Vitamin A

jeff N.
on 5/3/11 12:11 am - Hagerstown, MD
 I was wondering if anyone just takes the sublingual A and how much of it they take.  Does it just keep your levels staedy, or are you able to raise it with it.

I had been taking 100,000 and 150,000 units of vitalady/biotech Dry A.  The next 3 weeks will tell me if that is what was causing my issues ( MY body having a reaction to it).  If that is the case I need to find an alternative.  I have already been given many links to other brands of dry A palmitate.  I just have not found anyone that just takes the sublingual.

Thanks,
Jeff
Join us on the July,2012 DS Cruise II, INTERESTED,Contact me.
Link to our FB Cruise page:  
www.facebook.com/home.php
495 HW/ 238 CW/ 225 or wherever GW 

marriedmom
on 5/5/11 10:11 pm - Middleville, MI
Jeff, I take the same amount of Vit A that you do and recently bought VL sublingual A. I believe the sub is in ADDITION to the dry we take to help "push us over the top" if our levels are low. We would probably have to take alot of sub A to meet the needs we have, if taken alone.
Hth

Barb
  5'1.5  HW 280 pre-op 270  GW 150  CW 147

Kayla B.
on 5/6/11 1:15 am - Austin, TX
Is the reaction you're referring to the liver issues?
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
jeff N.
on 5/8/11 3:05 am - Hagerstown, MD
 Yes, I believe I am having some sort of reaction to the VL / Biotech A.  I have it narrowed down to one of my vitamins that I take, and that is the only one that has changed (March-2010).  I will see over the next month now that I am taking my vitamins again except for any A, and if my labs come back still in the normal range.  That is probably the culprit.  It is nothing with the product itself, but it is I believe how my body is reacting to it.  I had no liver issues with it prior to the change, and only started to arise about 1 month after I started on it (the new batch).  Biopsies, MRI's, CT Scans, and ultrasounds found nothing abnormally wrong.  So I hope that is all it is and then I will just have to find a different brand or form of A.

Larissa P.
on 5/6/11 3:58 am - Denton, TX
There is only one company making it. And it is the most disgusting tasting crap I've ever had the pleasure of trying to hold under my tongue while it melted.

I decided I'd rather take a million of vitalady's dry A pills instead.
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
jeff N.
on 5/8/11 3:06 am - Hagerstown, MD
 I have heard the same thing about it, but the VL / Biotech are more than likely not going to be an option.

LizzyV
on 8/7/11 11:15 am
 OMG, I just tried the sub A about 30 seconds ago, and I totally concur!  Those things are NASTY.  And if anyone wants the bottle that I just opened, I am happy to mail it to you.  UGH.  I'm so glad there is an alternative to subliguals.  I kind of like the b12, but the rest, I'd love to leave behind.

Liz

Liz
Who never thought I'd look forward to being a loser!  

Judi J.
on 8/7/11 11:36 am - MN
if you think that is nasty don't ever try a B1 sublingual either. blech
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 167 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 700 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 238 views