*ahem* You could visit ME in Montana AND Vitacouple in the Tetons, y'know.....

Elizabeth N.
on 5/5/11 7:30 am - Burlington County, NJ
I'm back to shamelessly advertising for DSers to come party in Montana with me in July! We have a couple firm commitments and a couple maybes, so who else is interested?

We haven't nailed firm dates down yet. I guess it depends on what folks want to do. There's the Montana Folk Festival July 8-10. www.montanafolkfestival.com .  Of course, every community with more than ten residents has a 4th of July shindig and that's always fun. My sister suggested that folks might enjoy spending a night or two in Philipsburg and getting loads of scenery on the Pintler Scenic Loop (not to mention shopping or digging for sapphires!). We could do a hot springs tour, something along the lines of Bozeman-Norris-Boulder-Fairmont-Jackson, with eating, shopping and partying available in each location. We could do ghost towns, say Virginia and Nevada Cities, Bannack and Elkhorn, for totally different takes on ghost towns. `

Oh, and I dare not forget! Vitacouple will be in Grand Teton National Park, WY 7/31-8/3! They will be at the Moran RV park, but it would be doable to find lodging within an hour or so drive of there (maybe a bit further, like south or west of Jackson) and spend time with them. That would be a significant road trip, though, from where I'll be, like a good eight hours. I'd possibly be game for that depending on my sis and BIL's needs and the vehicle options. They are very generous in how they let me use their vehicles, but I suspect they might consider that a bit far (unless, of course, I can talk my sister into coming along, but I wouldn't be too hopeful about that--it's farming season and she's a very big part of the farm work).
Emily F.
on 5/5/11 8:25 am
We used to call a girl on the volleyball team Grand Tetons.....I leave you to figure out why..............
Elizabeth N.
on 5/5/11 8:30 am - Burlington County, NJ
According to legend, that's exactly how those mountains got their name!
Blank Out
on 5/5/11 8:35 am
 Yep, out west where they have REAL mountains.  

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

living_on_the_edge
on 5/6/11 5:25 am - Calgary, Canada
Am i invited ????
SW 245lbs           CW 168LBS          GW??
Elizabeth N.
on 5/6/11 10:47 am - Burlington County, NJ
Should I dignify that with an answer?
Sarah_Anne
on 5/5/11 8:35 am, edited 5/5/11 8:35 am
I have been DYING to go to Montana for ages - and this sounds like you are going everywhere I really want to go!  But I really don't think I'll get there this year.  I think I'll just have to stick to the Med for vacation this time around.  Please post photos and make me really jealous!  
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
Elizabeth N.
on 5/5/11 8:41 am - Burlington County, NJ
There's always next year! Hey, if you want to do volunteer ranch labor in return for food and lodging, my brother might have space for you. (For real, he does that.) You should have some slight skill in country related matters, though, like how to use a shovel, how to drive a manual transmission, the ability to lift fifty pounds minimum, repeatedly.....Knowing how to milk a cow and a goat are definite pluses too!
Sarah_Anne
on 5/5/11 8:53 am
You have no idea how much this makes me want to get on a plane and get over there.  Some manual labor would do me good!  My stupid job is in the way though.  I have a very odd skillset and it can be a bit of a problem finding a job.  The current one I have pays really well and I can't let it go.  
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
jewel506
on 5/5/11 9:46 am - Houston, TX
 This sounds like FUN!

I grew up being a 'part time rancher' and I miss it.  :-)

Hummmm....wonder what a 7 yr old can do to help around the ranch??  LOL!

Julie

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” - Plato
Stormy 918 is my Angel         Angel to DarcyMad, MizCharlottekmg9122,  Staceeann dianeys73/Diane Davis
HW 258.5 /SW 250 /GW 140 /CW 125

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 364 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 137 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views