Just an update: I'm on the dark side!

kat08
on 5/17/11 10:11 am - Matthews, NC
Surgery went well on the 12th.  My recovery has been rather boring so far.  They let me go home from the hospital on Sunday, the 15th so I'm at home and doing well - keeping my pain under control with mainly Tylenol and the occasional pain pill, keeping fluids going very well.  Yesterday I got in around 90 oz of fluids!  No nausea of vomiting.  I'm feeling pretty well. :)

Thanks everyone for pointing me in the DS direction.  Now move over!  I'm coming to sit on that loser's bench real soon! ;)

The only "quirk" with my surgery was a thing that was specific to me.  Dr. Sudan said that my surgery went very well.  I had pointed out that I had a large diastasis rectii around my belly button in a pre-op appointment.  He examined me briefly and said that he didn't think there was a hernia there.  Well, surprise!  During the surgery he discovered that there was a large hernia around my belly button.  He said that he tried to fix it but there was so much fibrous scar tissue in the area the needle broke off when he was trying to suture the tissue together.  He told me that it would be best to wait until I lose some weight then have it fixed with mesh.  He said that he would have done that but it would have increased my chances for infection so he opted not to do it at that time.

Anyway, all is well at the moment.  Thanking God for a smooth surgery and recovery!
-Kathy
Have you had or are you going to have the DS and live in the Charlotte, NC area?  There is a DS meet up group near you!  PM me for details.
MajorMom
on 5/17/11 10:17 am - VA
Scooting on down. Plenty of room on the loser's bench.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 5/17/11 10:18 am - OKC, OK
Welcome to the loser's bench.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

beth-28
on 5/17/11 10:20 am
Congrats Kathy! I hope to meet you and the others soon!
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

lisarn
on 5/17/11 10:31 am - Omaha, NE
Congrats! In one week you'll be scooting down to make room for me!
I hope that the rest of your recovery is uneventful and totally boring!
HW/SW/CW/GW:   294/288/170.2/150  ht: 5'2" (06/03/2012)

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/11 10:39 am
I'm glad everything has gone smoothly. Welcome to the dark side.
Frankie
on 5/17/11 11:29 am - NY
Congratulations!  Relax and heal, follow your DS rules.  Get ready for the ride of your life.

Frankie

kat08
on 5/18/11 1:59 am - Matthews, NC
Haha!  Frankie says RELAX!  lol ;)
-Kathy
Have you had or are you going to have the DS and live in the Charlotte, NC area?  There is a DS meet up group near you!  PM me for details.
gak
on 5/17/11 12:48 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Congrats and welcome to the loser bench.. .schooched over just for you ...

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Fade2Pink
on 5/17/11 2:38 pm - Salt Lake City, UT
So glad things are going well.  Hang in there, keep sipping, walking and resting.  Welcome to the dark side!
Duodenal Switch 4/29/09
Loving my DS!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 124 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 665 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views