A couple of yucks and one tiny wow!

SweetnessandGrace
on 5/21/11 2:47 am - ID
I'm going to Yosemite to see my Mom (it's been three years) and three of my sisters (it's been five years).  Because I work at home, and also because I have social anxiety and really am a hermit at heart, I only own one pair of pants.  Figured this wouldn't work for a 12-day trip, so headed to Fashion Bug to get a couple of pairs.  I'm 6 weeks out and a couple of people mentioned I look thinner.  So, I went in hoping for a smaller size.  Nope.  Yuck! Oh well. 

Then DH and I headed to Texas Road House, our favorite steak house.  My little wow was that I could sit in a booth!  Yay!  I couldn't eat the food.  Yuck! 

HEAVEN IS THE PLACE WHERE YOU GO TO MEET ALL THE DOGS YOU HAVE LOVED.

Janine P.
on 5/21/11 3:15 am - Long Island, NY

Woo hooo for booths!!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

* Gail R *
on 5/21/11 4:36 am - SF Bay Area, CA
I bet by the time you get home you will be down at least one size. I always find a change of habit and environment causes me to drop a few pounds. The falls are supposed to be gorgeous this year with our weird climate changes to blame. Have fun! You may want to even wear some cutoffs.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

kjfras
on 5/21/11 5:51 am - North Lauderdale, FL
Isn't it the BEST feeling to walk into a restaurant and fit into a booth...no longer eyeing it on your "walk of shame" trying to calculate if one side is bigger than the other or just how the hell you are gonna squeeze yourself into it and how the heck  are you gonna get out???

Congrats on your small victories...and don't worry...your sizes will come down!  I love Fashion Bug because their clothes are less expensive and they have great sales!!!

Enjoy your journey girl - and your trip!!

Kerry J                   Stillhopefull (Terry) is my Angel!!!! 
                                                    Angel to Baylady35310 (Linda)
7/9/01 RNY - 354 HW down to 192 LW
12/6/10 DS Revision - GW 170
DS HW 353
DS SW 332

DS CW 184 (-148 since surgery / -169 total) 

Plastics completed by Dr.Sauceda in MX 8/9/13 - LBL w anchor cut, long thigh lift, breast lift, butt augmentation and arm lift.               

Lisey
on 5/21/11 6:07 am - Milwaukee suburb, WI

The booth "proves" that you are smaller, of course, it's just that clothing size varies so much.  I have a handful of business suits that are a size 4 - 6, yet I also have some (& jeans) that are 10's & 12's.  Clothing size REALLY varies!

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

SweetnessandGrace
on 5/21/11 6:33 am - ID
Thanks Janine, Gail, Kerry and Lisey!  I know I'm too soon out of the gate to worry about sizes and such.  I haven't been weighing so really have no idea how my weight is doing, but I do know I can reach places on my body more easily now.  Ijust had a tiny little hope that I might be a let less humongous.  I'm not going to stress yet! 

k9ophile
on 5/21/11 7:50 am
 I couldn't eat the food.  Yuck! 

Nope, not yet, grasshopper.  However, your day will come.  My favorite steak place in our small town is Longhorn; great leftovers.  Used to be just a few bites saved for the pooch; now it's half my meal for later.   I think it was five or six months before I dared to try steak because it is so dense, yet OMG it was every bit as good as I remembered.  Have a nice trip to Yosemite.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

SweetnessandGrace
on 5/21/11 11:35 am - ID
Thanks K9ophile!  I have really been enjoying soup and can seem to eat almost all I want, so I will wait patiently for the more dense proteins. 

I am ALMOST as excited about seeing Yosemite again as I am about seeing my mom and sisters.  It's been 31 years since I was there last!  I have hardly been off the west coast, and never out of the United States so I know I don't have much to go on, but it is my favorite place I've ever been, and I can only hope it is as beautiful as I remember!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 274 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 748 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views