2 months stall #2 week 2....

Katy S.
on 5/23/11 9:22 am - WA
 So I am starting week 2 of my SECOND stall in 2 months... I have been doing some research and talking to the doc, and this DS is most definitely a different creature than the GBS I have found lol.... I DL spark app on my ipad to start tracking my intake, because I was freaking out that I was eating TOO MUCH (I know right?).... come to find out I am not eating ENOUGH!!!

The way this works is for me to absorb 40-60 grams of protein per day to function and maintain muscle/burn fat... I need to CONSUME 100-120 GRAMS of protein per day... I kind of knew this going in, but reading through our "booklet" it seemed like early out that wasn't a huge concern... I have been struggling with hunger meaning I am hungry every 1.5-2 hours (real hunger not head hunger) so I would have a cheese stick or a bite of lunch meat here and there... Finally I started carrying around nuts and beef jerky with me... I found my fastest loss was during my busiest weeks of school when I was literally snacking on cheese, nuts and beef jerky all day long... 

But since I was busy I didn't pay attention to what the mechanism was that was causing me to lose. So when my schedule backed off a bit, I and I stalled for a couple days I started freaking about my intake, I was eating protein, focusing on protein... but more focusing on a GBS diet than a DS diet, meaning aiming for 60 grams of protein for day and eating a balance of other foods...

WELL

Since I started using the SparkApp... I realized that its 2pm and I have BARELY made it 1/2 way too my goal of 100-120 grams of protein today, in fact I haven't even made it 1/2 way to a normal dieting calorie intake for a non-malabsorber (700 calories) which at the end of the day would put me at 1400 calories, ending... Add into that malabsorption, its more like 500-600 calories absorbed and 40-60 protein absorbed if I hit 1600 calories and 120 grams of protein... See where I am going with this??

All this time I have been focusing on not being hungry, but not paying attention to my intake... I am WAY more focused on food now than I used to be...I didn't realize I had to eat SO MUCH (nor did I realize my stomach had ROOM for so much) my doctor sat me down and corrected me, pointed me out to some great resources, and I am *hoping* I am on the right track and will start losing again...

I also am looking at perfecting my iced tea ratio I LOVE a starbucks 24oz iced black tea with 3 splenda so I want to make it at home like that because I can EASILY down more than 64 oz of that a day, and have been freezing water bottles and having 2-3 16oz bottles a day, so my liquid intake is going up too... 

Sorry to be so long winded but this all definitely takes some getting used to!!

Does this sound like the right approach or is there something else I am missing??
"Hi, my name is Katy...and I am a meat eating spin junkie"
HW: 336/DOS: 306/CW: 153/GW: 140?
~ CSz: 5 - S/M

* G1: 199# 09/28/11 * G2: 175# 11/30/11 * G3: 160# 12/09/11(
"People too weak to follow their dreams, will always try to find a way to discourage yours"

Katy S.
on 5/23/11 9:30 am - WA
 To be clear on weight loss, my 78 is a total from beginning to end... 

Since surgery, I lost 31 month 1, and in the last 6 weeks I have lost an additional 16-17... although I KNOW that is more than I would have lost on my own... I was hoping for a lot more in 6 weeks than 16-17 lbs...

Heck even my husband can lose 30lbs each month on that stupid HCG diet...erggg
"Hi, my name is Katy...and I am a meat eating spin junkie"
HW: 336/DOS: 306/CW: 153/GW: 140?
~ CSz: 5 - S/M

* G1: 199# 09/28/11 * G2: 175# 11/30/11 * G3: 160# 12/09/11(
"People too weak to follow their dreams, will always try to find a way to discourage yours"

pycca
on 5/23/11 10:18 am - Haslet, TX
It is a different animal with DS!  Eat every 2 hours.. drink lots of fluids and of course your vites..

I have to munch on some kind of protein all day long,, so I keep cheese, jerky, nuts, peanut butter in my hospital locker,, for handy munch bites !! LOL

You will have stalls, but during the stalls your body is adjusting,, healinf  still and loosing inches...

As a revision we do at times have more stalls, seem slower somethmes,  but we still get there !! 

Hang in there ! you are doing fine,, increase the food, don't worry aboutthe "calories" just the protein amounts...

Deb

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 254 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 736 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views