changing my goal weight, I fit a size 10....

worlfree
on 5/24/11 8:56 am, edited 5/24/11 10:25 am - DivaTown, NC
its really weird, but if I'm wearing a size 10 now, at 179lbs, what wil I be at 155lbs.. I really dont wanna be smaller than a 10, I'm still in shock than I am fitting a 10.  My thighs and legs are mad small, I lost my butt (lol).. I saw a friend who I hadnt seen since I had the surgery and she thought I was a size 8 and 150lbs...Also another issue is the size tops, I picked a top that was a size small, but my mind couldnt accept that I could fit a small so I didnt buy it, GOSH this is all so weird to me, DONT GET ME WRONG I LOVE THE HELL OUTTA MY DS..Changing goal to 165 instead of 155..

Raven300
on 5/24/11 9:02 am
 YAY! What a wonderful problem to have.  Congratulations on your success.
     HW-345,SW-300, CW-144lbs.  DS 5/11/10. 
     First round of plastics with Dr. LoMonaco 11/8/11  LBL, BL. 14lbs of skin removed.
     2nd round with Dr. LoMonaco 2/8/12 Brachioplasty, Thigh lift,  Breast Implants.

teachmid
on 5/24/11 9:36 am - OKC, OK
Yes...a wonderful problem.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

southernlady5464
on 5/24/11 10:21 am
You're doing fantastic...

I'm also in a 10 comfortably now, my waist finally cooperated. I am, depending on who makes it AND how it's cut, in a small to xl top. The stretchy ones tend to run smaller. I've found some LizSport shirts at Goodwill and those I need a small in so it really depends on who makes it...Docker's need to be an xlarge, LOL.

My goal is still 125-130...I've got 20+ lbs to go.

But if my body decides to stop sooner, I'm fine with that too.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

butercup
on 5/24/11 10:36 am, edited 5/24/11 12:24 am - Kennewick, WA
I wouldn't worry about clothing sizes much if I were you. They've changed so much over the years. It's called vanity sizing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanity_sizing When I weighed 150 back in the day, I was a size 14. I'm also of average height, 5'4". The lowest I ever got as a grown teenager with the help of FenPhen, was 115 and I only reached size 5, but it was a Gap 5! LOL.

Lose to where you feel comfortable and feel good. Or, go by what your healthy BMI is. I've also heard that there is a rebound on your weight after the loosing period.

So, sizes don't mean much at all.
Julie R.
on 5/24/11 11:01 am - Ludington, MI
 Hate to tell you this sweetie, but you're going to end up where you end up.       I called myself at goal at a normal BMI of 145.   I blew right past that weight, and said, "This is cool, I'll give myself some rebound weight, and 135 will be my goal."    Blew right past that to an all-time low of 116, which looked pretty gross on me, and thankfully only lasted for a couple of weeks.   I now weigh between 122-127, depending on the time of the month, and I've been there for years.     When I initially asked my doctor what my goal weight should be, he said, "You'll probably end up somewhere right in the middle of the BMI range, and that'll be the right weight for you."  He was so right. 
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

KimberlyHeidi
on 5/24/11 12:43 pm - VA
 Congrats on the weight loss!
(deactivated member)
on 5/24/11 2:27 pm - Markham, Canada
Congratulations!  I think this is the BEST weight loss problem a person could ever have!
sosoclark
on 5/24/11 4:25 pm - Sacramento, CA
Ok, I have been reading a lot about rebound weight and I think it might be best if you allow your body to do what it wants to do. I would just let my body stop when it got ready because you may gain a little back and end up right where you want to be. 

On another note girl you work that DS 179 I can't even imagine being that small!!!!! You work it girl!!!!!

Sophia

ModestoK
on 5/25/11 2:34 am
Damn woman. You are really rocking your DS. I can't imagine ever being that small, but I guess we will see.

I agree with what others have said - let your body do what it will and don't freak out about getting too small because in all liklihood you will get a bit of bounce back weight. Totally normal.

Just think - now you are one of those skinny *****es who can buy great stuff off the sales rack in small sizes - there always seem to be lots of smaller sizes - while the bigger girls are limited to a few fuggily, unflattering items.
Go get you a mini skirt to rock along with your awesome shoes and trim body!
Kim
                                      ~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 82 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 82 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 642 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views