Yes... Another Vitamin Question!!

Jody W.
on 6/10/11 2:21 am - Windsor, CT

Hello Everyone...
I am trying to prepare for surgery (no date yet) but looking at vitalady's website... I see there is a 90 day reg and chewables.... has anyone gone with the chewables for the first 3 months?
Just wondering if that is the best way to get everything in.... I am nervous about getting the meds down... I am terrified of the possible issues connected to not being compliant....
Any thoughts are appreciated!

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

DarcyMad
on 6/10/11 3:35 am - Cedar Park, TX
Hi Jody!  I think all surgeons are different in their approach to this.  Mine, Dr. Stewart said that as soon as I am on soft foods its fine to swallow pills.  You are just doing it with tiny gulps of water.  I chose to do the chewables for the first 3 months just because it was easier.  I did, however, swallow my anti-depressant after the first week and took only that one that way.  Hope this helps!
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

beemerbeeper
on 6/10/11 3:53 am - AL
I don't know anyone who needs to do chewables for three months.  Many of us never did chewables at all.

The only vite I had problems with early on was the big calcium tablets.  You can use citrical petities which I did for a while.  I also used Up-Cal D for my calcium for a while, which is a sweet powder that you just dump in your mouth and let melt.  The Chewable calcium I tried had sugar alcohols in it which really did not work for me.

The Vita Lady A and K are tiny capsules.  The D is a small capsule.  The E are a little larger. 

You don't have to start on the full regimin on day one.  You just need to work up to them over the first weeks.

~Becky

KimberlyHeidi
on 6/11/11 12:47 am - VA
I think its great you are preparing. I started slowly after surgery and did do some chewables but not all and most of the chewables I did were chewy's which some I loved but they were suspected as giving me gas/digestive issues with the sugar alcohol so I stopped them. I agree that a lot of VitaLadys capsules are small and I was so happy when I got them. I still have issues with the bigger ones like calcium and that is one I did in a chew for a while but stopped when I started having a lot of pain.
Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 648 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views