Gallbladder quit on me

tbuzzone
on 6/20/11 11:53 am

The gallbladder quit on me.  DIdn't even show up on the scan today.  It has to come out.  Going to see Dr. B to find out when.  I just wish that the insurance company had let Dr. B take the gallbladder initially when he wanted to.  Instead it will be another round of surgery. Ugh!

prettypixels
on 6/20/11 12:05 pm
 What a bummer, I'm sorry! 
Banded in 2001 at 217 lbs - Band to DS revision 10/25/11 at 310 lbs
If life with your band sucks, you are not alone and it's not your fault.  Check out the failed lap band group!

Lisey
on 6/20/11 10:23 pm - Milwaukee suburb, WI
That blows.  Bet the stupid insurance company regrets that one now.

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

"Just Elizabeth "
on 6/22/11 2:09 am - Houston, TX
Mine quit on me 3 years after my DS. I tried to talk my DS surgeon into taking it out but he wouldn't touch it because it was still a healthy organ. It sucks big time to have to go back in. I had tons of complications pre and post op. I doubt you will have anywhere near the problems I did. Just be warned. They might not take it lap due to the possibility of adhesions. I fought to have my gallbladder removed lap but they wouldn't. Turned out to be a good thing. When they got in they found all sorts of adhesions.

Elizabeth                                                      
Back in the U.S.A.

"I have lost the lumbering hulk that I once was.  I don't hide behind my clothes or behind my door.  I am part of life's rich tapestry not an observer."  Kirmy

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 167 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 700 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 238 views