This stall has been a real B*TCH!!!!

ashleynicole86
on 6/22/11 8:53 am - SC

For the past few months, I have been stuck in the low 160s and I can't seem to break loose from that number. It seems like it doesn't matter whether I high carb, low carb, etc. Is it possible that my body is just done losing?  I'm trying to think of different ways to help jump start the weight loss again.  Maybe I need to go hardcore with exercising?  I'm also thinking about doing a weekend of protein shakes only? Any advice? I know stalls are normal, but it's been this way for a few months now.

Emily F.
on 6/22/11 9:34 am
I'm in a similar situation. I've been the same weight since March. But I just am against a liquid only diet, we've been there, done that. Love yourself and take care of yourself. Don't do a liquid diet to lose weight. Just my little opinion. Be healthy, your body is going to do what it wants. lol.
Blank Out
on 6/22/11 9:47 am
 How tall are you?  Is your goal realistic for your height?  I keep reading our bones are dense because of the weight we carried.  How do you feel?  Look in clothes?  What size are you able to wear.  Not expecting an answer.  Just wondering if you have asked yourself these questions...

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

ashleynicole86
on 6/22/11 10:36 am - SC
I'm only 5'3" so I think my goal weight is reasonable for my height.  I'm still considered "overweight" so it would be nice to be considered "normal." I carry most of my weight on my bottom half and I'm small on my top half. I wear about a size 10 in pants/jeans, medium in dresses and small/medium in shirts. People tell me I look smaller than 160 and I think so too.  I could definitely use some nip/tuck action to smooth things out. I don't understand why the actual number hasn't gone down though. 
Blank Out
on 6/22/11 11:21 am
 You and I are the same height!    But, at your weight, no way could I wear such small sizes.  I am about 150 right now, and wear a 12-14.  It just goes to show you how we are all built so differently.  I understand your frustration!  Hopefully, your body is just taking a break, and it will pick back up.  

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

z85sparty
on 6/22/11 11:29 am - Mason, MI
Oh, I am right there with you girl!!!  I have been bouncing between 150-153 since late January.   No matter what I try, high carb, low carb, just like you.... nothing seems to happen.  As for upping the exercise.... we'll I am training for a tri-athlon, two half marathons, and a full marathon so I can't really up that anymore than what I'm already doing!  I have been getting semi-super frustrated that I can't seem to really break the 150 mark.

Now, I am 5'5"... at 150 I currently wear a size 8 (maybe a 6 depending on the fit), a small or med size dress, and a small or med shirt.  Although my goal is 135, I think if I were to get all my loose skin on my stomach removed, I would be happy with where I am currently at. 

So thankful for my DS! 1/20/2012 - SW 290/CW 155 - 1 year to lose, 1.5 years and counting maintaining! 

A Run With Meghan (My Running Blog)

My First Half Marathon: Fort For Fitness (9/24/2011): 2:22:58
My Frist Marathon: Marine Corps (10/30/2011):
 5:39:59
My First Sprint Triathlon: Trek Series (8/7/2011): 1:55:18

zuzupetals2u2
on 6/22/11 2:21 pm - Sedona, AZ

I have had nothing but stalls (every 2-4 weeks I would show a loss on the scale) and someone here told me the secret and it works and I do it now whenever I stall - UP your protein - get a big briskett roast and eat it all over a few days is what I did the first time and it broke my last stall and kept me going as I have lept eating bigger portions of meat and eggs and kept adding protein as much as I can stand . .and it keeps coming off now. Try it. I was skeptical at first! ALso get rid of the scale. I did and I dont think about it or focus on it now- sometimes I forget to weight for weeks so by then I have lost again . .

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 6/23/11 6:43 am
mmmm.. brisket... Food of the Gods....
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

beemerbeeper
on 6/22/11 3:08 pm - AL
Hi fellow Smither!!

My questions are:  what are your labs and what vites are you taking?  How much protein do you get?  How much by food?  How much by protein shakes? 

I easily got to middle normal BMI but I am tall.  Whenever my weight loss slowed down Gina (Major Mom) advisded me to up my protein shakes and that usually did the trick.

I suggest you start posting in her bites and vites thread because the folks there seem to do really really well.  Plus you get great ideas for low carb foods!!

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 6/25/11 12:44 am
Try upping your protein and increase your water intake on a daily basis and see how that works for you...it always worked great for when I stalled.
Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 82 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 82 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 642 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views