revision to a ds because of severe reactive hypoglycemia

jenbear
on 6/27/11 7:15 am - hagerstown , MD

does anybody know if  they do revisions from rny to another surgery (ds) because of severe reactive hypoglycemia?  it seems i cannot not eat anything because it kills my blood sugar and i am 2 and half years out and it just started about 1 month ago.  This is crazy!  and im not having my pancreas cut in two, heck with that!  My blood sugar went so low i had a seizure!  Is there anybody who has had it done and what do they have to do?
native2u
on 6/27/11 7:29 am, edited 6/27/11 7:31 am - Merritt Island, FL
Jenbear-

I'm also looking to have a revision from RNY to DS. I don't have hyproglycemia though. I have been to see 6 different Dr's and my condition has stumped them all.

Here is a website that was given to me. Hopefully you'll get your answers there.

http://www.dsfacts.com/index.html
jenbear
on 6/27/11 7:36 am - hagerstown , MD
why are you looking to be revised?  My situation has stumped mine as well but they say they think it is reactive hypo!
native2u
on 6/27/11 8:24 am - Merritt Island, FL
On June 27, 2011 at 2:36 PM Pacific Time, jenbear wrote:
why are you looking to be revised?  My situation has stumped mine as well but they say they think it is reactive hypo!
I like you have been posting here for the last several days and have been asking along the same line of questions that you are.

I also just sent you a PM.
PattyL
on 6/27/11 8:01 am
 One month?  I know this is scary but it sounds like you need more information about what's wrong with you before surgery.  It would be horrible if you had another surgery and it didn't fix the problem.  If you were fine for 2 plus years, what changed?
jenbear
on 6/27/11 8:07 am - hagerstown , MD
thats what i keep saying and its like no one has the answer to anything!  Its crazy, i cant barely touch carbs at all, not fruit, not anything....... Im loosing again and thats for sure, but not because its do to the fact i can eat anything, they have even limited my exercise and i was running!  This sucks!!!!!!
Judi J.
on 6/27/11 8:15 am - MN
Patty for some reason it seems to hit at 18 months to 2 years out. So she is in the ball park time frame wise
Judi J.
on 6/27/11 8:21 am - MN
hopefully Yehuda will jump in. It seems to have cured him. You need to look at some of the old posts on the main forum and make sure you are combining fats and carbs. Lots of folks try to eat right before bed so they don't have an incident in their sleep also. Start carrying peanut butter crackers around. very scary
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/11 8:40 am
On June 27, 2011 at 2:15 PM Pacific Time, jenbear wrote:

does anybody know if  they do revisions from rny to another surgery (ds) because of severe reactive hypoglycemia?  it seems i cannot not eat anything because it kills my blood sugar and i am 2 and half years out and it just started about 1 month ago.  This is crazy!  and im not having my pancreas cut in two, heck with that!  My blood sugar went so low i had a seizure!  Is there anybody who has had it done and what do they have to do?
Someone asked me to chime in, but I really do not know how to answer unless I knew more about other complications you may have. Do you have severe dumping syndrome as well?
jenbear
on 6/27/11 9:25 am - hagerstown , MD
i really no longer have dumping syndrome anymore, unless i am now dumping all the time over any carb i eat!  I used to be i could eat anything i wanted and now its like if its a carb and i eat it my sugar goes way low, i had a seizure it went so low.  i am 2 and half years out and have never had any problems really, so this is sooooo strange.  I could eat most anything i wanted, even could drink caffein, not anymore!  And it was like over night it happened, well i started to get night sweats and couldnt figure out  why, and then the seizure happened.  I had rny by the way if you wondered!  hahah  Any info would be great, cause it went from being the best think i had ever done till a month and hal*****he worst thing, im really wishing i had never done it at all, i worry all the time i might die
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 260 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views