UHC PEOPLE???

mcrmsi77
on 6/30/11 11:18 am - IN
Ok i have United Healthcare choice plus insurance. And today when i went to meet with Dr. Inman they handed out a paper that said united healthcare requires six month supervised diet.... but when i called they said they didnt? Can anybody with united healthcare tell me what they made you do!?!?!
also they said they cover the ds and problems getting it covered?

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/11 11:40 am - Saint Louis, MO
I have UHC and there was no diet.  Everything depends on your particular company's policy though.  If you called UHC with your group number and they didn't tell you about a diet chances are your policy doesn't have that particular requirement. 

No problem whatsoever getting it 100% covered here.  Inman's office gave me the DS surgery code and I called to double check it was eligible.  Took a couple of weeks to get through the paperwork and the backlog in Inman's office.  Hopefully the wait list isn't as long these days.
YeahItsCase
on 6/30/11 11:43 am
It depends on your level of coverage.

I have UHC Choice Plus, all procedures are covered for me but I was required to have the 6 month nutrition meetings plus a few other tests done.

mcrmsi77
on 6/30/11 11:46 am - IN
hmmmm... well i am hoping they gave me the right info that it is not required!! how long was the waiting list for Dr. Inmans office i know she only does 1 or 2 ds surgeries a week!!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/11 11:49 am - Saint Louis, MO
I waited almost 4 months, but that was a year ago and she was only doing 1 per week.  You could always get lucky and get a cancellation, no matter how long the wait it.    Don't worry, it's worth the wait :)
mcrmsi77
on 6/30/11 11:55 am - IN
so happy to hear its worth the wait!!! i see all you guys being so successful and i want it sooo baddddddd!!! and i am waiting for insurance and all the hoops and bonds you go through lol!! thanks for the info!!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/11 12:53 am - Beverly, NJ
Ditto on what everyone else said.  I have UHC Community.  They covered it 100% and required a 3 month weight management (going to my PCP to be weighed for 3 months) and they were able to use dates from before I started this processes.  It really depends on your companies policy.  I would call them to find out the nitty gritty details.  
mcrmsi77
on 7/1/11 1:04 am - IN
Everytime I call them they are nice but it's like they have never heard of anything I am talking about!!! There has only been one person that truly helped me and I have not been able to get a hold of him;(

Generic User_Name
on 7/1/11 1:31 am
I have UHC Choice Plus and my particular policy did not require a 6 month supervised diet.

You need to call UHC and ask them about the specifics of your policy.

Hope that helps.

Blank Out
on 7/1/11 4:10 am
 I had a similar experience.  UHC told me they required it, but my surgeon submitted my paperwork, and they approved me without it????  Don't know what to tell you.  

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 146 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 688 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views