I never knew you grew balls when you had the DS...

Julie R.
on 7/4/11 11:41 am - Ludington, MI
 ......but I did!      This probably is so way OT,and as usual, too long,  but I'll make it on-topic by stating I would have NEVER had the guts to do this at 282 pounds.

In February, my husband was terminated from his position as kitchen manager of a large, very expensive, private assisted living facility.    His "crime" was that he dared to disagree with the administrator, a women known far and wide through our area for being an insane ***** (and supremely unqualified for the position) after she called him in to work on two of his three vacation days, while we were attempting to move.   This is a man who had a perfect employment record of 5.5 years, but because he stood up to her, she did what she always does to people who do not kowtow to her and trumped up the situation and dismissed him.    Because she could not prove gross misconduct on his part, however, he was granted unemployment.   She fired HIS boss two weeks later, because she dared to stick up for my husband, by telling the administrator that she'd made a terrible mistake.   To lend credence to her reasons for dismissing my husband, she called the corporate office, told them that she'd had a situation with a disgruntled employee, that she was afraid for the residents' safety, and she was told by corporate to "lock down the facility and call the police."    OMG - the police showed up at our door to tell my husband to stay away and that they'd arrest him if he attempted to enter the facility.   My husband was mortified.   We went to the chief of police to address the situation, and he laughed his butt off, because he knows this woman's reputation, and told us not to worry about it, but that we should file a counter report telling our side of the story, and he advised us to retain a lawyer.   We are both very active in our community as volunteers, church goers, professionals, etc., and I was horrified that she'd make an issue of this, especially knowing that she has a reputation as a **** and has been fired from other positions for drug issues.   She has screaming matches were employees in front of residents, hires all family members, and has affairs with subordinates.   My husband has since gotten a new (and better) job.

So fast forward to today.    I've been seething about this issue for months, and because I live in a small town, I knew the time would come that I'd run into her.   I'd volunteered to work the gate at our local American Legion's Fourth of July party, so I was standing there taking donations and checking membership cards.    Her father is a member, and I saw her slither around the gate, attempting to avoid me (and of course to give a donation).    A bit later, I saw her standing in the crowd, drinking beer, and talking to a group of people.   I stood there and thought about exactly what I wanted to say, and ran it through my head a few times.    I walked over to her, and stood by her side, waiting for a break in the conversation, and when she turned and saw me standing right at her elbow, her eyes widened with shock.   I said, "Marla - I really don't know how you sleep at night, because you are the most lying, deceitful, unprofessional person I've ever encountered."    I thought she was going to go into convulsions, LOL, because her eyes literally rolled back in her head.    I figured I'd better get the hell out of there before she recovered her senses.    I was shaking so badly that  I couldn't even text my husband to tell him what I'd done, LOL.    

I am so freakin' proud of myself.     I had fantasized about all kinds of vengeful acts against this woman, including going to her house in the middle of the night and spelling "WHITE TRASH" on her lawn with vegetation killer (think about it - she'd have a big testimonial to her nature in dead grass for the entire world to see) but I did not want to do anything illegal.    This way, I addressed the situation face to face, and it took a lot of guts to do so.    I'm sure she still sleeps at night - narcissists of her nature usually do - but at least I'll be sleeping better!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

MajorMom
on 7/4/11 11:53 am - VA
WOOT!!! You go, Julie!

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/11 12:04 pm
That's the way to do it!!! w00000t!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Valerieb09
on 7/4/11 12:07 pm - Seacoast, NH
Wow Julie what a horrible situation for your husband....but you sure handled her with class and balls.....lol. Yes it took lots of guts for you to do this....and you have every reason to be proud of yourself for the way you handled this situation. Maybe she will think twice before she "fires" someone for no reason.

Valerie

Revision June 9, 2008
Lapband to RNY
117 lbs. lost as of 09-08-10
Dr. David B. Lautz~~~~~Simply the Best!
Brigham & Women's Hospital

Boston, Massachusetts

Julie R.
on 7/4/11 12:20 pm - Ludington, MI
 Thank you, Valerie - it was terribly humiliating, knowing that this woman was lying about him.   We live in a small town, I am a school teacher, and we are both very involved in community affairs.  Knowing that she was attempting to portray my husband as some kind of guy about to go "postal" affected me deeply.   Because Michigan is an "at will" employment state, she could tell all the lies she wanted to, and we had no recourse unless his civil rights were being infringed upon.    This facility is owned by a huge managment company over a hundred miles away, and they have no idea what kind of reputation this woman has in this town.   When she fired his boss two weeks later, she attempted to cover her tracks by writing his boss up on several silly infringements (like being 2.5 minutes late, when she'd never had a set start-time in the seven years she'd been there) but she was also granted unemployment after a mediation hearing, because she also could provide no meaningful documentation on where procedure had been violated.    She has abused, intimidated and fired so many people unjustly, and in this area, jobs are terribly difficult to come by.   Karma's a ***** and she'll get hers someday.   In the meantime, she can't intimidate me, she can't fire me, she can't sue me, and I had my say-so.

Valerieb09
on 7/4/11 12:36 pm - Seacoast, NH
Yes I can imagine this would be humiliating where you live in a small community....I know you are very involved in your community as I always read your posts and enjoy them.
Maybe this huge management company will get wise when they get a big lawsuit because of this woman firing people left and right for no reason....she is such an asshat....
Karma is a ***** and believe me she will get hers someday when she least expects it....

Valerie

Revision June 9, 2008
Lapband to RNY
117 lbs. lost as of 09-08-10
Dr. David B. Lautz~~~~~Simply the Best!
Brigham & Women's Hospital

Boston, Massachusetts

Katie K.
on 7/5/11 8:37 am - Grand Haven, MI
was this an Oakcrest community?
"Nobody will fault you for trying" - My mother
Seminar: 1/8/2011. Initial Appt: 1/27/2011. Behaviorist: 1/31.2011. Surgeon 1/31/2011
Sleep Study: 2/7/2011.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

beemerbeeper
on 7/4/11 12:16 pm - AL
***like***

stormy918
on 7/4/11 12:16 pm
Julie...you ROCK!!!

Darlene    DS ..9-19-06
OFFICIAL ANGEL
Kryst.......6-27-07
KellyKirk........8-6-07  now our DS FOREVER ANGEL....I will always remember
BettyBoop.....2-26-08
Jewel506...5-26-10
Ragamuffin...9-29-10
185# gone forever

Julie R.
on 7/4/11 12:20 pm - Ludington, MI
 LOL, Stormy, that's EXACTLY what my husband texted back to me when I told him what I'd done....he said OMG YOU ROCK!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 108 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 657 views