Almost no carb meatballs.

beemerbeeper
on 7/7/11 3:44 am - AL
www.genaw.com/lowcarb/baked_meatballs.html

I just made two batches of these.  One with sweet sausage and one with hot.  I had to freeze them before I ate the whole thing.  They are for a spaghetti dinner with my flyball team on Saturday night.  They have about .75 carbs per meatball if my math is correct.

The DS has given me a whole new world.  I never cooked much of anything before.  Now I am finding out that I LIKE to cook easy recipes like this. 

~Becky

Julie R.
on 7/7/11 3:48 am - Ludington, MI
 Yum!   I love meatballs, and this recipe sounds great.   I have a great recipe for Swedish meatballs, with real heavy cream and dill, and I'd share that, but that particular cookbook is in storage.

Who woulda thunk that you'd like to cook?   Who knows - you might actually like to cook hard recipes some day too!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

beemerbeeper
on 7/7/11 3:54 am - AL
Julie,

I am quite proud of my growing recipe box of low/no carb dishes.  I didn't even own a recipe box pre-DS haha.

I love to find new recipes here and try them out.  But I think I'll leave the hard stuff for you guys who know what you are doing.

~Becky

Julie R.
on 7/7/11 4:09 am - Ludington, MI
 LOL, sweet thing.....we learned how to know what we were doing by trying things out!
At any rate, if you never graduate beyond meatballs, you're doing fine!

At any rate, I'll try to dig out that Swedish meatball recipe.  My DH is a chef, and when he tasted them for the first time, his eyes widened with delight and he said "WOW - where did you learn to make these!!"

Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

jlflbf
on 7/7/11 3:58 am - Shore Area, NJ
Those do sound yummy..I'll have to start my recipe box :)
Shavonne P.
on 7/7/11 6:44 am
MMMM..these sound good! 
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
teachmid
on 7/7/11 7:58 am - OKC, OK
OMG, Becky. I used to make these meatballs in our low carb days. They are soo good. I recently got out my low carb recipe notebook and have remade a few things.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

adkmtngirl
on 7/7/11 11:51 pm - Brant Lake, NY
 Can't wait to try these. I have to go grocery shopping today so I'm buying enough extra meat to make these and freeze for easy snacks/meals. 
Kristina

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/11 1:41 pm
Making them now!
Except with fresh onions. Hope they turn out okay.
(deactivated member)
on 8/7/11 8:23 am - Beverly, NJ
I had saved and bookmarked this post when I first saw it. I made these twice and LOVED them!
I wanted to share this idea though. I only had enough parm to use as a topping for our Dreamfield pasta tonight. So as a filler for the meatballs I used crushed porkrinds which equal no carbs! They are amazing!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 265 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 740 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 249 views