Carbonated beverages?!?

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/11 2:17 am - NC
Hey guys--wanted to get feedback about when you started drinking carbonated beverages again and what if any repercussions came of it?  I took a sip today! I'm 4 weeks out and I know it's a no-no, but I was REALLY craving a sip of coke, and flat Coke is def not appealing.  Thoughts?!?
sdld2001
on 7/7/11 3:26 am - Summerville, SC
Everyone is definately different. I'm 6 months out and took a sip of my daughter's diet nehi over the weekend and immediately knew it still wasn't time. I've just been able to tolerate straws in the last month or so. Too much air just puts my stomach in a tizzy.
Mindee

HW - 274 / SW - 265 / CW - 178 / GW 140          High BMI 53.5 / Current BMI 34.8  
Kayla B.
on 7/7/11 3:26 am - Austin, TX
It's not a no-no if you can tolerate it.

But dear lord, don't eff up your weight loss by drinking full-sugar beverages.  Sorry...I think if you're going to drink soda, it had better be diet.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/11 3:27 am, edited 7/7/11 3:28 am
 I think only you matter, the carbonation will do nothing to you, except maybe make you burp a lot or make you feel uncomfortable. It won't hurt you. I did drink flat Pepsi only a few days out because it actually sounded good to me at the time and helped me get in the liquids. 

What ever floats you boat......................lol

Ohhh yeah, make sure it's diet.
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/11 3:36 am - NC
I can drink Diet Dr. Pepper and Diet lighter sodas, but the thought of Diet Coke makes me gag.  I just took a tiny sip and that hit the spot :)  I'm not big into soda, but sometimes Coke is just refreshing like nothing else.  I'll be fine with the one sip--the rest will probably go flat and I'll pour it down the drain.  Thanks, guys! :)  
Kayla B.
on 7/7/11 3:49 am - Austin, TX
The point is, in the future you're going to be able to tolerate more, and I strongly advise against drinking full-sugar beverages.  100% absorbed, 100% empty calories.  Same goes for juice, gatorade, energy drinks, fruit smoothies, coffee beverages, etc.

Coke zero is much less offensive than diet, IMO.  But then again I haven't sipped a real soda in almost 4 years and don't even recall what I'm missing out on.  And I'd strongly urge you to forget right along with me.  #1 thing that leads to weight gain with WLS, I assure you.  Just looking out for your best interests, here!
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
beemerbeeper
on 7/7/11 3:52 am - AL
It is a YMMV type thing.  I don't remember when I started drinking them, but pretty early out.  What I found out is that caffeine is not good for me AT ALL as it gives me terrible foot cramps at night.  So when I do drink soda I make sure to drink diet DEcaf.

I also think that soda takes up more room than water and that when I drink soda I get less fluid in than when I drink water.  But that is just a feeling I have.

I mostly drink very cold water with Wal-mart brand crystal light.

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/11 4:55 am - NC
YMMV?  Sorry...still learning all the abbreviations on here :)   Point well taken...typically I love and crave water, but every now and then I just need a lil sip of something different.  
beemerbeeper
on 7/7/11 4:59 am - AL
YMMV=Your Milage May Vary.

I agree.  I like Fanta Diet Decaf soda and have a bottle in my fridge!

~Becky

beemerbeeper
on 7/7/11 5:01 am - AL
And regular coke?  That IS a no-no in my book.  No reason to drink sugar.  That will sabatoge you easily.

Try all the various diet/decaf options but give up the sugar.

~Becky

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 146 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 688 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views