New recipe idea, have you tried it?

butercup
on 7/7/11 11:03 am - Kennewick, WA
So, I love Hidden Valley Ranch Dip mixed into the tub of sour cream, but there is only trace amounts of protein in it.

I'm wondering how it would tasted if it were mixed in with Greek yogurt.  I can't stand Greek yogurt on its own, but I may like it with the dip mix.

Any thoughts?  Have any of you tried it?  Or do you have other idea's on how to make Greek yogurt taste less....funky? 

I did try the fruit variety and I wasn't a fan.  I wanted so badly to like it too.
teachmid
on 7/7/11 11:11 am - OKC, OK
I love Fage Greek yogurt....not any other brand......either 2% or full fat depending on what I can find. I mix in splenda and vanilla plus a couple of berries and a couple of pecans.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

butercup
on 7/7/11 1:47 pm - Kennewick, WA
I will try that.  I had Yoplait blueberry greek yogurt and not so good.  I love the tangyness of yogurt, but it had a different element that wasn't very palatable.

What you said does sound yummy.
Janine P.
on 7/7/11 12:04 pm - Long Island, NY
I think it would be a tad bit sour (because greek yogurt is heavy duty stuff) but I'd give it a go.  If you hate it, you wasted $5.  Not a tragedy. 

Now... If you want a sweet treat, a little splenda in the yogurt with some Torani sugar free syrup flavoring.  Yum!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

butercup
on 7/7/11 1:48 pm - Kennewick, WA
I will try that thanks. :)
Elizabeth N.
on 7/7/11 12:05 pm - Burlington County, NJ
I think full fat Greek yogurt, stirred thoroughly, makes a decent sour cream substitute, yes. It won't be exactly the same, but it's close. You might want to make the dip a little bit stronger than you make it with sour cream, as the yogurt has a stronger flavor.

butercup
on 7/7/11 1:51 pm - Kennewick, WA
I don't mind the tang of the yogurt, there was just something else...slimy?  It could have just been the brand I tried.

Thanks for the tip.  I will add some extra to the yogurt.
Elizabeth N.
on 7/7/11 2:10 pm - Burlington County, NJ
That could be. Chobani is about the best brand out there. The so-called Greek versions of the big brands are not worth the milk it took to make them.

elixir
on 7/7/11 12:05 pm - MI
You could try pureeing cottage cheese. Tastes a lot like sour cream when it's pureed and has a good amount of protein.

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

butercup
on 7/7/11 1:53 pm - Kennewick, WA
That's a great idea!  I'm saving that one in my recipe box.  It's funny, I think I over think things and then I miss the common sense stuff. :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 136 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 678 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 236 views