First iron infusion yesterday

Elizabeth N.
on 7/7/11 12:21 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Got the first of two iron infusions yesterday. Went very smoothly, no problems, no nothing, scarcely even a bruise at the poke site yay!

The service and care were fabulous. I am so pleased to have connected with this medical group. Next one is a week from yesterday.

I don't feel any difference yet, but imagine it will be kind of subtle as I was not all that severely anemic anyhow. This is as much to prevent getting in a bad way as anything else.

Unfortunately, Dr. Nephrologist is not willing to give me the D injection. Not surprisingly, he said what's wrong, she's barely deficient at 29. *sigh* Talked to nurse practitioner and she suggested I see the doc who's "really" my doc (as NP's work under supervision). She's of the opinion that the injection makes good sense given what I've presented to her, but she can't make that decision. The doc might well be amenable to moving forward once I discuss it with him and present appropriate information. So I'm seeing him next week after my infusion.

I think I know where I'll be getting my primary care when we move to MT :-D.

determineddanni
on 7/7/11 12:35 pm
I am glad your appointment went well! I am sure your next one will be just as good.  What provider did you go to? It was such a beautiful day here in western Montana. Enjoy it, till you move back up here!
Elizabeth N.
on 7/7/11 1:52 pm - Burlington County, NJ
It's the internal medicine group associated with the Bozeman hospital.

Julie R.
on 7/7/11 12:36 pm - Ludington, MI
 Pffft - I've gotten the same response of "barely deficient" with a D of 30.   Errrrr...take a look at my PTH, my bone marker labs, and my urine calcium levels, ya idiot.

Glad your infusion went well!   My energy levels increase about a week after the second one, and I feel like wonder woman!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

pycca
on 7/7/11 2:40 pm - Haslet, TX
Glad it went well!! 

Maybe you need to have a "cozy" talk with the Doc !!! LOL

"Splain' the D thing ,...LOL
Elizabeth N.
on 7/7/11 2:43 pm - Burlington County, NJ
That's exactly what I'm gonna do :-D. The NP assured me that he's very good about listening to new stuff. She had showed him the records I gave her (my labs spreadsheet and a two-page summary of pertinent medical history) and he was impressed. So here's hoping I end up getting what I want. I get determined that way :-p.

jewel506
on 7/7/11 10:50 pm - Houston, TX

Yea!!!   One down....one to go!!!

Hope it 'kicks in' and you're feeling GREAT very soon.

Now....for that D shot!  :-)

Wish I was there in MT with you!!!  Take loads of pics and share, please!!!

XOXO!!

Julie

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” - Plato
Stormy 918 is my Angel         Angel to DarcyMad, MizCharlottekmg9122,  Staceeann dianeys73/Diane Davis
HW 258.5 /SW 250 /GW 140 /CW 125

determineddanni
on 7/8/11 12:17 am
Had same problem with doctor on my D levels  
I switched doctors because honestly, she just didn't care enough to help me. Finding the right doctor to take care of you is everything! I understand that now but you got to find the crappy ones first.
girlygirl1313
on 7/8/11 9:30 pm - Davidson, NC
 Yay for iron infusions!  Easy peasy and ya don't have to mess with taking it in pill form.  I keep asking myself why I never did this BEFORE surgery.... and why it was never even suggested.

Glad to here it all went smoothly.
~GG

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/11 12:05 am
I'm glad the infusion went well, EN! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 364 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 137 views
How can I gain weight?