Awaiting word on first Grievance

Sher Bear Mama
on 7/8/11 4:03 pm, edited 7/8/11 4:04 pm
I submitted a grievance about 2 weeks ago to Kaiser (SoCal).  My caseworker who has been awful about answering her phone and has NEVER returned any of my phone calls told me yesterday that the grievance should go before the panel either last night or today (Friday).  I tried contacting her all day to no avail.  But, I'm hopeful I'll be able to reach her on Monday. I'm trying to be cautious with my emotions.  Laura (Bookfaerie) didn't have to go to the DMHC when she went through the process but was instead sent right to the surgeon.  I'm hoping my case will go the same way but one never knows for sure. 

My emotions are all over the place.  I napped today while my 15 month old was napping and I dreamed that I heard back from the caseworker and that the answer was no.  So clearly this is weighing heavy on my mind.  That being said, if it's a no, I may just go directly to the DMHC and file my grievance--skip the 2nd and 3rd grievances at Kaiser.  I got a call from the Health Ed dept two days ago, seemingly to discourage me from taking classes (the Options Program)--perhaps they worry I'll poison the minds of the future RNYs or Sleevers.  But I'm still on the list for Options program so that I keep all of my bases covered.

The grievance I filed was to wave classes, wave the weight loss requirement, and send me directly to the surgeon for the DS. 

Fingers crossed! I'll have a lot to talk with the SoCal DSrs tomorrow at lunch!

Sheri
grisaille
on 7/9/11 6:20 am - NC
Best of luck on getting your grievience heard!!

scoob
on 7/9/11 11:23 am - Somerset, KY
Honey, I hope everything works out for you! Will be thinking about ya. I had a dream during my nap today that I never had my DS and was still 335lbs and gaining. Total nightmare! Finger, toes and eyes crossed that you hear what you want to hear soon!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 238 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 727 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views