Gastric Sleeve...Hoping for DS Soon

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 6:00 am
Had lapband in 2003. After 7 years, it slipped. Had it removed in 2010 and had a gastric sleeve.
Am hoping to have the sleeve converted to BPD with DS. Appointment tomorrow with my surgeon, Dr. David Kim, Colleyville, TX.

Any advise from all you experienced DS'ers is greatly appreciated!

Donna
beemerbeeper
on 7/11/11 6:19 am - AL
If Dr Kim doesn't do the DS (and I've never heard of him so I have my doubts) he isn't going to advise you to get the DS.  You need to get a consult with a surgeon who can actually give you a DS.  Most of them (but not all) are listed on www.DSFacts.com.

What is your current BMI?  Co-moribids?  Insurance or are you a self-pay?

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 7:12 am
Thanks Becky. My current BMI is 34. I do have insurance, and co-morbidities.

I will see him tomorrow so hope to have more info by then. Will post.  Appreciate your reply. Best to you and everyone!!

Donna
pycca
on 7/11/11 6:26 am - Haslet, TX
He does not do them.... I had him for my lap band also....

As a nurse I have worked with that office for many years, and still have a few friends still there!!.............. He really is doing only the RNY,Sleeve and banding........

I went to Dr Stewart  in Denton  for mine.. 

PM me if you want more information.. Good luck !!
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 7:11 am
Thanks everyone!  He just recently began doing the BPD with DS.

I wonder if Dr Stewart would do a DS on me, given he did not perform the sleeve? I willPM you. Thanks a million!!
Poodles
on 7/13/11 9:16 am - TX
Dr. Stewart did my revision from lap band to DS and he did not do my original band.

I highly recommend him.  Not that I have heard bad things about Dr. Kim, but because he has more experience with the DS and it is a very complicated surgery.
 Come to the Dark Side!!!                     
Band to DS revision 11/09/09.
Learn about the Duodenal Switch at dsfacts.com ! Off site comparisons of the 4 WLS 
http://www.thinnertimes.com/weight-loss-surgery/wls-basics/w eight-loss-surgery-comparison.html
http://www.lapsf.com/weight-loss-surgeries.html

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 360 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 134 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1050 views