Pre-surgery Apt Today!

dranoa
on 7/11/11 10:05 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
 The date of my surgery approaches, August 1st is just on the horizon. Today's appointment means I'm standing at the threshold of my new life. I am utterly excited whilst simultaneously nervous about the liquid phase of my diet. Thank goodness for all the advice on these forums and the numerous bookmarks and notes I've taken. 

Already my DS recipe box grows. Even if some of them are simply "mixing it up with the shakes!" 

An excited, Alex!

meredith_123
on 7/12/11 12:57 am - Waterford, MI
Congrats, it will be here so soon.  I'm a few weeks behind you, I am meeting with the internist at the surgeon's office today & I have my surgical consult on the 25th, then I should be able to get the surgery date scheduled.  
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
dranoa
on 7/12/11 11:59 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
 I hope everything went well for you today! Will your insurance company be making you jump hurdles or have you been issued the green light? 

I have one more appointment, the pre-operative blood work, chest x-ray and group meeting all rolled into one. This happens 1 week pre-operation and then i'm off to the races!! 

I hope everything goes as smoothly for you as it has seemed to go for me.

All the best, Alex
meredith_123
on 7/12/11 12:23 pm - Waterford, MI

Thanks Alex, it went pretty well today.  They did the EKG, said everything looks good, ordered some more labs for me. 
Well the insurance has already made me go through 6 months of a doctor supervised weight loss program.  Then I got the approval for the bariatric consult that I had today.  The internist explained to me today, that once I see the sugeron & behaviorist, they have to submit to insurance for the surgical approval.  She said that can take about 3 weeks.  She said they will submit that a day or 2 after I have my appointments on the 25th. 
She also explained that the approval I already got to get to todays appointment is the hardest to get, so the 2nd approval should hopefully go smoothly.  I haven't heard anybody else that had to get 2 insurance approvals, but my wonderful Priority Health likes to do it a little differently. 
She estimated that I should be able to schedule my surgery sometime in September, but they can't set a date until I get the final approval, should be sometime in August.  I'm hoping the insurance will approve it faster than 3 weeks, they only took 2 weeks to approve the consult.

5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
dranoa
on 7/12/11 10:38 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
 Sounds like you made it over the biggest hurdle thus far, i'll keep my fingers/legs/toes crossed everything else should be as uncomplicated. I too had to go through the insurance required guided weightloss program with my GP. It didn't amount to much weightloss (7lbs) but i'm thrilled to have had the approval. 

Glad the cards are lining up for you! 
Parker71
on 7/12/11 2:59 am - NJ
Congrats..  It will be here before you know it.. 

Wendy

dranoa
on 7/12/11 12:00 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
 Thank goodness! I"m ready to lose these extra chins!! :D 

Amy_Kleve
on 7/12/11 7:58 am - Adrian, MN
Congrats! One step closer
Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

dranoa
on 7/12/11 12:01 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
 I've got my trainers on, and waiting for the gunshot!
Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 364 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 137 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views