I need advise

on 7/12/11 2:04 pm
 I had VSG done in mexico in 2009.I did not lose a lot of weight,i am now 250. In Canada the gov only pays
for RNY.My question is should I go with the RNY or look for money and go to Dr Unigson in Mexico?
Secondly, will I lose all my weight with the DS ?my height is 5.5
Thanks all

VSG TO DS REVISION 

Elizabeth N.
on 7/12/11 3:03 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Good Lord DON'T GET AN RNY FOR LOVE OR MONEY!!!!!!!!!  You have a perfectly fine stomach the way it is and you need the metabolic changes that ONLY the DS will provide.

There are a few people from Canada who have had some luck getting the DS covered with
Marek Lutrzykowski, MD
Email: [email protected]
Oakland Bariatrics
10 W Square Lake Rd., Suite 200
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Phone: 248-322-1543
Fax: 248-322-1547

on 7/13/11 8:28 am
 Thks I appreciate the advise. i will email the MD

VSG TO DS REVISION 

airbender
on 7/12/11 8:12 pm
RNY was one wls I would personally not get.  I would try to save money and go to Dr U in Mexico for self pay or Dr M in brazil.  there will be NO  ONE who can answer if you will lose all the weight with DS or any other surgery....
on 7/13/11 8:29 am
 Thanks a lot, It makes sense

VSG TO DS REVISION 

on 7/13/11 8:30 am
 Thanks for the advise

VSG TO DS REVISION 

Janine P.
on 7/12/11 8:42 pm - Long Island, NY
The RNY is a recipe for weight regain.  Yes you'll lose initially, but it's so hard to maintain it. 

I know you're frustrated and you want this fixed NOW, but please be patient and look for money to see Ungson in Mexico.  You will lose weight.  I had a sleeve for a year, and then got switched and although it's slow, I am losing.

Best of luck to you!!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

on 7/13/11 8:31 am
 At least you are losing,thats the most important thing

VSG TO DS REVISION 

larra
on 7/13/11 1:22 am - bay area, CA
I would recommend contacting Dr. Gagner's office in Montreal. He does revisions to the DS, and we've seen some other Canadians have success in getting coverage for the DS with him lately - or if I'm wrong and they have been self-pay, you could at least find out how much going from VSG to DS would cost with him and compare to what Dr. Ungson would cost for you. It would certainly be a lot closer to home.
     It may depend on what province you are in. You could start another thread asking other Canadians for their recent experience.

Larra
on 7/13/11 8:17 am
 thks Larra, I am in ont and they only do RHY

VSG TO DS REVISION 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 270 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 745 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views