Do you work outside the home?

wannablite
on 7/15/11 10:49 pm - Southern, NJ
 If so, do you manage to get in all of your vites? I find I can't take them on an empty stomach, so being at work it makes it very difficult to get them all in. I have the Vitalady vites and if anyone can give me an idea as to a schedule that works for them I would be most grateful. Thank you!

MajorMom
on 7/15/11 11:10 pm - VA
I'm popping calcium batches all through the morning and early afternoon, then an iron batch in the late afternoon. I graze during the day on things like protein shakes, carrots & dip, popcorn, peanuts, cheese. You can see my schedule on Bites & Vites. The snacks you see there are really just grazing and not little set snacks.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

airbender
on 7/15/11 11:24 pm
yes I work full time outside of home.  I take vitamins 6xs a day throught the day, for better absorption as some dont play nice with each other.  give it some time you may be able to take some on an empty stomach when you are futher out...
(deactivated member)
on 7/15/11 11:25 pm - Bayonne, NJ
I bring a pill holder in my purse, pop 'em at the computer. I'm finding it easier now that I take the proferrin, since that can be taken with calcium & other vites.
(deactivated member)
on 7/15/11 11:39 pm
I also work full time outside the home.  I drive a 340 ton haulage truck for a surface/strip coal mine.  I have my day's worth of vitamins in a pill holder, inside my lunch box, which sits right next to me all day.  I still need to eat something every 1 1/2 to 2 hours, so I pop a batch of vites every time I eat something.  That way, I have all of my vites in before my 12 hour shift is over.  I find that I do better at getting my vites in when I'm working.  Being at home, I'm on the go all of the time, which gets me off schedule for my vites.  Chasing after two boys and keeping our house running smoothly takes most of my time off, so I'm making a concious effort to get better at getting my vites in at home.
Julie R.
on 7/16/11 2:55 am - Ludington, MI
 I'd hazard a guess that most of us work outside the home, and I'd also hazard a guess that most of us get in all of our vitamins.   It's kind of like when you have a baby, and you think, OMG, how am I ever going to have a baby AND work outside the home?   You just do it, and it works.

I have two different vitamin organizers - one for home and one for my desk at work.
I take calcium all through out the day, so I keep a honking jug of calcium right on my desk.   
I take calcium and A and D when I first get up, calcium throughout the day - like at breakfast, lunch, afternoon, dinner, evening, etc.   I take a daytime batch of my other vitamins mid-morning, then I take a big batch in the evening.  I do not take iron, so don't need to worry about that.   
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

dleblanc1968
on 7/16/11 6:43 am - Lake Arthur , LA
with morning food: 
1 b50 complex, 1 nexium, 1 chewable a,d,c,k vite, and a chewable chocolate calcium wafer.

Lunch & Dinner:  chewable a,d,c,k and chewable choc calcium.

next to my bed- iron pill that i take right before bedtime- this must be seperate from other vitamins. 

If you havent tried the bariatric advantage vitamins, they are great.  The chewable A,D,C,K is one viatamin and really doesnt taste bad at all.  

And- the chocolate and carmel calcium  wafers by Bariatric Advantage are awesome too. They taste just like candy.  

I know swallowing certain products varies for everyone, but the vitamins seem to have been the easiest thing for me so far. 

Good Luck!

P. Poster
on 7/16/11 11:39 am
 Is that really all you take?  That regime is woefully inadequate for a DSer...  The Bariatric Advantage stuff is nowhere NEAR what we need.  You are early out and still running on reserves.  Give it a few more months, and you will start to see some major deficiencies.  I urge you to get on a more prudent and aggressive vitamin supplementation regime.
kjfras
on 7/17/11 1:32 am - North Lauderdale, FL
Don't mean to hijack - but Em - you are absolutely ******g GORGEOUS!

I love your avi!! So proud of you!!

Kerry J                   Stillhopefull (Terry) is my Angel!!!! 
                                                    Angel to Baylady35310 (Linda)
7/9/01 RNY - 354 HW down to 192 LW
12/6/10 DS Revision - GW 170
DS HW 353
DS SW 332

DS CW 184 (-148 since surgery / -169 total) 

Plastics completed by Dr.Sauceda in MX 8/9/13 - LBL w anchor cut, long thigh lift, breast lift, butt augmentation and arm lift.               

P. Poster
on 7/17/11 4:58 am
 Thanks girl!
Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 42 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 42 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 618 views
Need help for my mom