1st reconstructive surgery :)

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/11 9:08 pm
I am home from my first reconstructive surgery post-WLS.  I started the process with a breast reduction (believe it or not!) ... but at the very last minute, BCBS denied coverage and I had to decide whether to proceed as self-pay or not.  I did ($4300) and am sooooo grateful that I was able to do that.  I cannot express what a difference it makes when I look in the mirror -- not even fully healed, but I feel so much more feminine ... no long droopy breasts ... I can look in a mirror and not just see what I call my "melted candle" body.  I can also put on a nightgown or a swimsuit - neither one of which generally provides any support in the  bust area.

This is so worth it!  I'm not even to my "goal" yet, but my weight is lower than it's been in 30 years and I've not felt this young or this healthy in about that long.  I am soooo grateful to have had the DS and to be beginning this next step of the process.

Jc
jaellie
on 7/16/11 9:55 pm
Congrat!!! keep us posted on how your recovery comes along.  I am just starting to investigate PS.  I can relate to the "melted candle" reference.  Good Luck.

Grider
on 7/16/11 11:25 pm - Clearwater, FL
Obesity would be greatly reduced if the Doctors and insurance companies would GET ON BOARD.  After several doctors over 20 years, finally my last doctor put in the code for obesity... How lame is that... when 1/2 of your issues are due to weight... backwards...I am glad you got done but I'd fight with BCBS to pay,- the weight loss makes you look abnormal, they need to fix that. as if you had a car accident they'd pay to make you look normal again.   but congrats!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 270 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 745 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views