6 week update

GinaGNY2
on 7/15/11 12:16 pm - MD
Hi Everryone!

So 6 weeks ago I underwent the most difficult thing I ever did in my entire life.  I had the DS surgery!  Let me just let you all know I never had a surgery a day in my life before this, and I certainly chose a duecie to start with huh!?!  LOL!  So I thought I would die for about the 1st 3-4 weeks.  I was sure I made the biggest mistake of my entire life.  Everything hurt, I thought i'd been hit by a bus.  I had all these emotions, and would cry at the drop of a hat.  This is all normal for all you pre-ops!  Eating, which used to be my favorite thing in the world to do all of a sudden seemed like a chore and was not a pleasant experience as it used to be.  Taking iddy biddy sips was and still is at times frustrating.  But I'm stabalizing!!!! YAY!!!  I'm getting stronger can eat a bit more and drink the required 64 ounces a day!!  AND GUESS WHAT???? I'M LOSING WEIGHT!!!!!!! 34 pounds!!!  It's just dripping off of me at this stage and i'm feeling more like myself so things are good, and getting even better!  So for all you DS'ers who are where I was a few weeks back just know that it does actually get better and life does get back to were it was! Just thought i'd drop in and let ya guys in on my recovery.  

Gina

HW: 320
SW: 309
CW: 275

ClairM13
on 7/15/11 12:20 pm
 I'm glad to hear it gets better. I'm just over 3 weeks out and still hurting. I miss being able to drink an entire glass of water at once or just drink normally. I'm still on pureed foods which isn't fun either. Nothing tastes good pureed so I just eat soup all the time. boo. 

Again, I'm happy to hear things are getting better for you and congratulations on the loss!!
Janine P.
on 7/15/11 12:32 pm - Long Island, NY
Congratulations Gina!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

determineddanni
on 7/15/11 12:33 pm
GRATS GRATS GRATS! Keep us all updated on your journey!
Amy_Kleve
on 7/15/11 2:18 pm - Adrian, MN
Congrats on getting through, glad to know it will get better. I have no idea what to expect. Lol
Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

StephOinAZ
on 7/15/11 2:52 pm
I love when people post this kind of information, as a pre-op it helps me plan and mentally prepare for what I might be able to expect.  I'm glad to hear that you're feeling like yourself again :)  Keep posting on your progress!
teachmid
on 7/15/11 11:42 pm - OKC, OK
Co gratulations on your progress. It'll get better from now on, for me, I started feeling more like "me" about 7-8 weeks out.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

scoob
on 7/16/11 3:50 am - Somerset, KY
WOW, You're doing great! Congrat!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 167 views
calcium/protein