Nausea post-op, when to worry?

no_more_rolls
on 7/16/11 10:51 pm - Jackson, MI
I had my DS on July 8th.  I experienced a little nausea while I was in the hospital, but nothing major until now.  Last night I slept just over a full 8 hours.  I have not done that at all until now.  I usually am up every 4 or 5 hours trying to drink and get some protein in.  However, when I woke this morning I knew I had slept too long.  As soon as I woke up I felt awful...and kind of weak and shakey compared.  I made my protein and got my water out as usual and sipped, sipped, sipped.  All of a sudden I got really sweaty and cold and I felt my mouth water.  I was afraid I was going to throw up and decided I better go get my prescription for phenergan.  I made it half way there and lost it.  I spent the next half hour with my head in the toilet.  My hubby brought me some water and phenergan and helped me off the bathroom floor.  It's been an hour and I still feel sick and nauseated and I can't drink or I dry heave again.  I took my temperature and I'm not running a fever.  I have been fighting a thrush infection and I'm on medication for it.  An EGD was not done while I was in the hospital.  Should I call my surgeon or go to the ER?  Or does this sound like a dumping thing?  I know DS'ers generally don't go through that.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

elixir
on 7/16/11 11:15 pm - MI
Call Dr. K's office right now. One of the surgeons or one of the PAs will call you back. I still have minor nausea once in a while, but nothing like you've described. If you're not able to drink you risk dehydration. If you need to go to emergency at least someone at Dr. K's office will know you're there.

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 258 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 246 views