Tart Craving

CaliNik1979
on 7/19/11 3:04 pm - Beckley, WV
I noticed after surgery, I crave a tartness. I was never a big sugar sweets gal, more of a chocoholic. Now I want sweetness.

Does anyone have a cure for this craving? Any good recipes?

Thanks!

Nik | 36 | 5'3"| HW 305 | SW 286.3 | CW 234.2  | GW 180 | Surgery Comparison Chart
Samaro is my  

MsBatt
on 7/19/11 3:34 pm
After my DS, I craved things like pickles and cole slaw. I make my cole slaw rather tart---just finely shredded cabbage, dressed with vinegar and sugar, salt and pepper to taste, and a drizzle of olive oil. You can vary the ratio of sugar to vinegar to make it as sweet or as tart as you wish. (And Splenda instead of sugar works just fine.)
CaliNik1979
on 7/19/11 3:41 pm - Beckley, WV
Thanks for sharing your recipe MsBatt.

I'm not much of a cabbage fan though blicky! Lol Where is your inner fat girl who craves sweets? I certainly didn't crave cabbage at 300 pounds lmao

Thanks again though for replying
MsBatt
on 7/19/11 10:31 pm
LOL! I never in my life craved cabbage until after my DS.

I too find that I prefer tart sweets to the over-rich cakes and chocolates I craved pre-op. I LOVE Sweettarts! But now I can eat 5-6, insteead of a whole box full.

I eat lemons,straight out of the rind. And I have a lemon mousse recipe that's pretty simple---one large can evaporated milk, 1.5 cups Splenda, and the juice of three lemons. Chill the milk, and whip it with the lomon juice until it thickens, then slowly whip in the juice. Pour in a glass casserole, and freeze overnight.

The original recipe calls for sugar, of course,and a graham cracker crust.
P. Poster
on 7/19/11 8:40 pm
 Sugar free lemon or lime curd!  I add it to my Greek yogurt and it is YUMMY!  lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/desserts/r/locarblemoncurd.htm
CaliNik1979
on 7/21/11 4:24 pm - Beckley, WV
BEANS! you're a f***ing Goddess!!! OMG I need lemons right now. 

Holy crap you look amazing!!!! :-*
P. Poster
on 7/22/11 6:38 am
 Mwah!  Thanks hun!  BTW, we should totally try to meet up sometime now that you are on the East Coast.  WV isn't too far from me, although, I'm not sure where you are exactly...
CaliNik1979
on 7/25/11 11:42 pm - Beckley, WV
I would LOVE that! I'm about 45 minutes from Charleston. Where are you?
P. Poster
on 7/26/11 1:33 am
 Charlestown?  I'm about 45 minutes from there.  Is there also a Charleston?  If so, I have no idea where that is, LOL!  I'm In Frederick, MD.   

OK, DH just looked it up.  Looks like about 300 miles, EEP!  
CaliNik1979
on 7/27/11 11:32 pm - Beckley, WV
 lol well we are thinking of going to the shore for vaca soon, so maybe a meet up in between MD and SC? My mom and brother live in PA so I'm sure I'll be up your way some time. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 362 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views