anyone know why post op i have had a huge seafood craving?

Twi light
on 7/19/11 9:19 am - NY
I went home on friday to be on mushies and the only thing i have wanted eat is seafood and it is the only thing i am eating. Anyone else have this ? Anyone know why, am i craving omega 3s? or total coincidence? 
(deactivated member)
on 7/19/11 9:27 am
 i think total coincidence, eat whatever sounds good. Everybody is different. 
YMMV
Julie R.
on 7/19/11 9:42 am - Ludington, MI
 I craved (and still crave) seafood.   Lobster, crab, mussels, clams, shrimp.....Since my DS, I have very strong and very definite cravings for things.   I've always been a seafood lover, but not so much freshwater fish.   Now?  OMG  - I want it all the time.    As I was discussing with Ms. Batt recently, I also, for some odd reason, frequently crave coleslaw!

I'm not sure if seafood would quite fall into the mushies category, does tuna salad?  I'd say if you're allowed to eat that, then perhaps some crab salad would fit the bill quite nicely.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/11 10:03 am
I'm a seafood lover myself. I also tend to be on a seefood diet most day.
(deactivated member)
on 7/19/11 2:32 pm
it's a kfc double down, but I'm going to change it.
(deactivated member)
on 7/19/11 10:37 am
I craved seafood right after surgery as well!  When I was able to move to mushies, I found that tuna and shrimp were a little dense for me, but a nice flakey catfish or tilapia doused in mayo was perfect.

Not sure if it's the iodine, the oils or whatever; but I am NOT a seafood person at all pre-DS LOL.

Hugs,
Ratkity
AllieInOntario
on 7/19/11 11:22 am
I'm waiting for King Crab to go on special... gonna buy up the store :)
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

zuzupetals2u2
on 7/19/11 12:36 pm - Sedona, AZ
I always love seafood, pre-op & post op and especially sushi and I was eating it at 3 weeks out without a problem . . even with the rice and I didn't react . .

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 256 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 737 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views