i can't believe it

PlumFaerie
on 7/19/11 5:42 am
after weeks of calling my pre cert lady to see if there was a cancellation i figured jsut accept my august 15th date and stopped calling  two weeks ago. she called me last week with a cancellation lol, im aug 4th now! yay

...then i realised -holy **** im august 4th now!

got all my vitamins -thank you vitalady and trader joes, starting liquid diet this week and am more than prepared. still a bit nervous, would love some warm fuzzies if i can lol

mich

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/11 5:44 am - Beverly, NJ

Wow!  That must of felt so exciting!  You're going to rock this!

PlumFaerie
on 7/19/11 6:34 am
i hope so, im going to abingtons support class tonight to tlak to other dsers, ive made some good ds friends already too.

not to be a drama queen here but i jsut..dont want to die during surgery. i want to know that ill see my kids and husband 5 hours after i go under. a dser on my fb grp said this is the two week freak apparently. i havent worried at all really, ive been prepared and excited, now im scared ****less lol. im such a baby
geekgirl127
on 7/19/11 6:36 am - Indianapolis, IN
I did that a few days before my surgery so I think its normal. 

Congrats on the new date, how exciting!!
HW/SW/CW/GW = 371/352/168/130  - I love my DS!!

Amy_Kleve
on 7/19/11 6:53 am - Adrian, MN
I feel the same way you do!
Only my 5 kids will be 4 hours away until I get out of the hospital
I'm still freaking out. I was crying earlier looking at all my kids. Trying to take it all in. Im such a freak and a baby. But, I NEED to do this.
Good luck and CONGRATS!!!

Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/11 9:02 am - Beverly, NJ

Your not a drama queen.  I think we all are scared of the same thing.  My partner and I had a full out crying session because the stress from it was crazy at one point.  Death is scary and it is a very real possibility.  But I think we reach a point (at least I did) where I know without this surgery I wasn't going to make it another 10 years.  I'd rather go out doing something to fix it than from a heart attack or diabetic coma because I didn't do anything.  The good thing too is that with skilled surgeons, informed and compliant patients, the risk of death is significantly lowered. Do your part to make sure your ok for surgery.  You should of already quit smoking.  Follow your liquid diet and make sure that you follow all the guidelines your surgeon gives you for your pre surgery prep.But most of all BREATHE. 

A great site to help calm your nerves is doasone.com  I visited that site at least once a day pre-op whenever my nerves got the best of me.  Post-op I still go because breathing through the rough spots helps soo much.

Take a deep breath and relax!  Your almost there!  And your gonna rock this!

Julie R.
on 7/19/11 10:07 am - Ludington, MI
 Warm fuzzies heading your way.  This is an exciting time.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Blank Out
on 7/20/11 3:15 am
 Love Dr. G!  Happy for you!  Enjoy the journey!  It's pretty amazing!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 355 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 133 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1049 views