Synthroid and vitamin routine

orangecrushed
on 7/19/11 11:03 pm - Triad, NC
Hi everyone,
For those of you who take Synthroid, where do you work it into your eating and vitamin schedule?  I usually take it at night, before bed (even though it says to take it in the morning).  Looking over the Vitalady schedule, I don't really see anywhere for Synthroid to fit in, since I can't take it with iron, calcium, or other supplements.  I know this is a common drug, so some of you probably have a nice work around!

Thanks!
Nic
determineddanni
on 7/20/11 12:27 am
Well, I don't take synthroid but I do take levothyroxine which is a thyroid medication just like yours. I am not post op but.... I do take a ton of vitamins through out the day. I take my thyroid meds at 5:15am and wait an hour before I take anything else. They say a half hour to an hour to let it absorb, but I use the whole hour. I know that is early but its before I eat and before I start my vitamin popping. So at 6:15am I start my vit's through out the day. I keep my pill case on my night stand with my alarm and a full glass of water. Alarm goes off... I take my pill... go back to bed or get up. I hope this helps because when you start your pill regimin your not going to have any time to take a thyroid medication. The morning is the best! Before you take anything get your thyroid meds in right away, then after an hour your safe to pop your pills!
Kayla B.
on 7/20/11 12:47 am - Austin, TX
I keep a bottle of water and my rx by my bed and take it first thing in the morning.  Or, if I happen to wake up in the middle of the night to pee (very common) I try to remember to take it then.  I press snooze a lot in the morning, so I try to take it, then get back to my snoozin'.  Then maybe 30-45 minutes later, I roll out of bed to do my routine (coffee, poop, breakfast).  This is usually around 6 am.

I start taking vitamins around 9-10 and I take them every 3-4 hours.  So, 10, 2, 6, 10.  
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
orangecrushed
on 7/20/11 1:20 am - Triad, NC
Thanks for the advice!  Sounds like I will just shift it to around 3am or so instead.  That's usually when I gotta get up during the night.  I don't think it'll be a problem that way... good idea. :)
determineddanni
on 7/20/11 4:47 am
Remember you need a full nights sleep and you have to take your pill every day at the same time. Make that time reasonable. Not at 3 am lol
mariposantos
on 7/20/11 5:00 am - Raleigh, NC
I take my "morning" batch of vites (iron, Vit. C) when I get up to pee around 3-4am.  This works for me since I take the tender iron and that can't be taken within an hour of quite a few things that I may want to have for breakfast.  Then, when I wake up around 7:30-8:00 I take my synthroid.  Since you can't take any other vites 4 hours on either side of the synthroid, it has usually been 4 hours by that point since I took the "morning" batch, and then it will be another 4 hours before I take the "noon" batch. 

Pamela
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."  ~  Henry Ford  ~

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 169 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 701 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 238 views