Where did you lose weight first?

no_more_rolls
on 7/19/11 4:15 am - Jackson, MI
I'm not even 2 weeks out post-op from getting the DS.  I started my journey out at 282 pounds although my highest weight was 311.  Today I weigh 238.  I have not noticed any weight loss except for in my face.  I haven't really visually noticed anything smaller.  That is until today!!!!!  Ok ummm, my "girls" are getting smaller!  I put a bra on, I know TMI...and I have lost at least a cup size.  I wish that really was not the first place, but oh well a loss is a loss so I am excited!  

Then to top it all off I took my daughter to her doctors today.  When the doctor came in the room she did not ask how my daughter was but instead said, "OMG you have lost so much weight!  Whatever you are doing keep up the good work.  Your being a good role model for your daughter."  That made my day!  The rewards are already starting show. 

Where did you first notice your weight loss?  What happened?  I'm curious to know.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

Nicolle
on 7/19/11 4:43 am
I melted like a candle: top down. My face, neck and boobs went first and then the weight loss crept down. I'm sure I lost everywhere, but that's the path it was noticeable.

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

Parker71
on 7/19/11 5:04 am - NJ
I was face, neck and going down.  Stopped at knees.  I have not lost anything in my calfs.  Really wish I would.  They are so big..

Wendy

Julie R.
on 7/19/11 10:12 am - Ludington, MI
 Same here!   At 123 pounds dripping wet, wearing a size 2-4, I STILL have really big calves!   I truly think they're as big a round as my thighs.    Boots are often still too tight for me in the calves.  I'd measure just to prove it, but I don't want to make myself cry.   At one point post-DS, I got down to a very scary 115 or so pounds.    I'd been sick with a bad cold and the weight just fell off me.   Only then, did my calves look normal.     Even my daughter noticed and said, "Mom, your cankles are gone!"   Never mind that the rest of me looked like a concentration camp victim!!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 7/19/11 5:10 am
 I lost all over, except my boobs and the vajayjay area.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

scoob
on 7/19/11 5:21 am - Somerset, KY
Face, neck, boobage. Now thighs. I have lost in my stomach but it's still the biggest part of me. I have no ass!!

FYI   Take some FULL BODY PICS!! Compare those to pre op pics. That's how I see the changes!! You're doing awesome, by the way!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 7/19/11 5:42 am
I don't have an ass either

My butt looks like a deflated balloon.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

no_more_rolls
on 7/19/11 5:43 am - Jackson, MI
Thanks for the complement Ruby!  
bseelbach
on 7/19/11 5:24 am - VA
 I was top down too. Face, neck, shoulders, chest and tummy. I agree with others' advice to get pics along the way. It will help you "see" the difference over time.
Thanks
Brenda
See my weight loss surgery journey - losing 193 pounds in 14 months
at: www.my-weight-loss-surgery.com follow me on Facebook too: https://www.facebook.com/MyWeightLossSurgery

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 277 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 751 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 251 views