getting nervous

froggy2816
on 7/19/11 11:37 pm - MD
I should be receiving my surgery date within the next week to 10 days. I am starting to get very nervous. Now Im swecond guessing what to expect, and getting very emotional ( crying while typing). Any suggestion??

larra
on 7/20/11 12:38 am - bay area, CA
Many people get nervous at the point when the surgery becomes real for them. I think you have reached that point, and your emotions are very understandable.
      But I have a question for you - is the surgeon you have listed really your surgeon? From what many have reported on this forum, he stopped doing the full DS a couple years ago, even to the point where a couple people who had dates scheduled were called with not much notice and informed that their surgery was cancelled. Now he just does VSG as a stand alone. So if you're planning a real DS, I hope he's either changed his practice or you have a different surgeon.

Larra
froggy2816
on 7/20/11 6:41 am - MD
Larra,
as far as I know  hes still doing the gastric bipass, and my husband has Dr. Schweitzer for his la[ band, we are scheduling to go about 2 weeks apart. I spoke to his assistant yesterday about getting involved in a medication trial and everything was ok. We had our last nutrition class today and nothing was said. If this dosnt happen I will be completely horrified.

larra
on 7/20/11 7:55 am - bay area, CA
Well, I think you confused me by posted your concerns on the DS forum, which led me to believe that you were planning on having the DS. I have no idea what Dr. S. is doing or not doing as far as gastric bypass and/or lap band are concerned, not do I know anything about any possible medication trials.
      Since Dr. S stopped doing the DS maybe a couple years ago, we don't hear much of anything about him on this forum.
      I hope your nerves will settle and that your surgery will go smoothly.

Larra

PS and yes, the people who were scheduled for the DS with him and had their surgeries abruptly cancelled were horrified, understandably. This episode left a very bad impression on the DS forum.
froggy2816
on 7/21/11 1:59 am - MD
Larra, Im so sorry i have my surgeries mixed up, i am hopefully having a gastric bipass and my husband is having the gastric sleeve. i have been doing so much research i got the procedures mixed up, but thanks for the info and just talking to me.

larra
on 7/21/11 11:15 am - bay area, CA
In that case, you and your husband should be fine.
    Not what I chose, but best of luck to you both.

Larra
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 171 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 701 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 238 views