Sweet Victory and a Thanks

kahlana
on 7/22/11 4:28 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
I met with my surgeon for my first consult today and even though he is of the school that only reccomends people with +40 BMis and out of control co-morbidities for the DS he has agreed to do it for me. He said he could tell I had done my research and that I was doing what I could now to get healthy before the surgery and so he would submit for the open DS to my insurance. I am so relieved. And I wanted to say thank to everyone here who has answered my questions even when they seemed idiotic (ok WERE idiotic) and helped me with my research so far. I know that I was able to get him to agree to it because of the wealth of knowledge I learned here. He said he wants to meet with me in 2 months to try one more time to talk me into a sleeve but he has a suspicion that I will still want the DS because as I told him I don't want to have a second procedure done if I can avoid it now with only having 1 done. I also told him when he was concerned that I might not want this for the right reasons that I have already started therapy to help me get my head in the right space for this as well. I had this huge deal built up in my head that I would have to fight tooth and nail to get the surgery I want but he said he could tell I did my research and that he is sure I will be in compliance but surgery time. So right now we are tenatively scheduled for December (Merry Christmas to me) and what a relief!

My Blog My Facebook

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/11 4:38 am
 Congratulations!
scoob
on 7/22/11 5:18 am - Somerset, KY
That is sooooo awesome! Congrats!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Julie R.
on 7/22/11 9:41 am - Ludington, MI
 That's wonderful news!  Congratulations!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

2bee.or.not2bee
on 7/22/11 5:15 pm
 Awesome! Merry Christmas! 
~CC

Romans 8:28                                  VSG 1/23/10  DS 5/15/11

VSG weight = 143 kg  VSG low = 116 kg  DS weight = 141.5
yorkieGal
on 7/22/11 11:22 pm - Clermont, FL
Way to Go!! We're all making a spot for you on the losers bench!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

kahlana
on 7/25/11 10:07 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
Thanks so much ladies! I am looking forward to finally being healthy and not having to worry about not living to see my grandbabies (if my kids ever get around to having any kids that is)
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 258 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 246 views