Julie R and all the Vet's

sosoclark
on 7/22/11 1:12 am - Sacramento, CA
Julie R and all the Vet's First I would just like to say thank you for the hopeful filled post that you have been sharing and quite informative too. The other day you posted about Regaining and the testimonial I read really inspired me to get up off of my butt and do something since I am still in the honeymoon stage of my DS. I then posted a question and you responded in a stern but friendly manor and for that I will be forever grateful. You said and I quote “When an individual starts out with a higher BMI, it seems to be, just from my casual observations on these boards, that a bit of extra vigilance is required for a longer period of time in order to make it down into the lower BMI." Julie!!!!!! Something happened on the inside of me and I have been low carbing ever since and as a matter of fact today will be day 5 of me working out again in the gym. I have upped my protein shakes and it is paying off!!! This week alone I have lost 4 pounds and if you had not posted on that day I may have just given up.
I am sure that some of us get complacent and forget that we have a very precious gift that for some never manifest into reality. Take advantage do what your suppose to do, eat how your suppose to eat and exercise and watch the weight start coming off. Now the one thing I do know is that I will stall again and that is ok my body needs a break every once in a while but take it from me the Vets know what they are talking about on this site and use their knowledge to obtain your goals.   Thanks to all the Vets for being so supportive in this process and life changing experience of a life time. Currently from my highest weight I am down 186 pounds my current weight is 269 and counting…   Sophia

Julie R.
on 7/22/11 1:26 am - Ludington, MI
 WOW!   I sure hope that others read this and gain some hope from your success.    Congratulations to you, and please, keep me updated on how this is working for you.   YOU are my hero!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

sosoclark
on 7/22/11 2:13 am - Sacramento, CA
You have been an inspiriation to me.. Thanks again and I will keep you posted. I am soooooo hook on the gym right now I can feel it!!!

Sophia

Jody W.
on 7/22/11 2:09 am - Windsor, CT

SOSO....
This is an amazing realization....This gives us Pre-ops the knowledge that this tool can be continued to be used... even after we fall...we can get back up and dust ourselves off and come back... Thank you for letting us know this...

I would also like to thank the Vets... you guys are the reason why we are able to get where we need to be... You are the ones that we turn to for advice and guidance... I know that the vast majority of us appreciate you guys... even though there is some redundancy in the questions... I know that we lean on you and you guys are awesome for PAYING IT FORWARD!!!
Thanks AGAIN!!

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

sosoclark
on 7/22/11 3:17 am - Sacramento, CA
Thats what I am talking about paying it forward!!!!

Sophia

sweetdew
on 7/22/11 4:16 am - CA
Great post my sister Sophia and congratulations!

Also, THANK YOU JULIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sweetdew
2005-Revision from Lap-band to RNY, 12/2010 Revision from RNY to DS
HW-305  DS,SW-262  CW-slowly going down  GW-140/160

sosoclark
on 7/22/11 5:24 am - Sacramento, CA
Thank you DS Sista. Isn't Julie just wonderful!!!! We need to bake her a DS Cake

teachmid
on 7/22/11 4:44 am - OKC, OK
Great post, Sophia. Aren't Julie and all the vets wonderful!!!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

sosoclark
on 7/22/11 5:25 am - Sacramento, CA
Thanks Gail... How are you doing?

teachmid
on 7/22/11 6:07 am - OKC, OK
I am actually doing really well, thanks. Wish you could have had breakfast with Shireen and me.. It was so fun.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 274 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 748 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views