**** & Moan: I started my 2 week liquid diet today!

StephOinAZ
on 7/21/11 6:34 pm
I absolutely detest liquid diets.  I've barely made it through day one and all I can think about is FOOD.  It's 1:30 in the morning and I am normally not hungry at this time of night but all I can think about is that Jack in the Box is open 24 hours and gosh darn if some seasoned curly fries and an oreo milkshake don't sound fricking amazing right now. 

I know it's more mental than physical, but I can feel my "hangries" (angry because I'm hungry!) setting in. 

In the mean time I'm having fun updating my blog and looking forward to posting new protein sample reviews.  I ordered something like...48?...from VitaLady and now that they're all neatly sorted, organized, and stored I can start testing some of them out

My tummy has decided to punish me today for not giving it any actual food, but I'm assuming that's because of all the liquids and lack of solids...liquid in = liquid out?  Good thing I work from home!

At least I can console myself in the fact that this will probably be my last liquid diet ever!
MajorMom
on 7/21/11 7:08 pm - VA
I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I think the liquid diet thing is so stupid. You can do pretty much the same thing on a very low carb diet and then just clear liquids a day or 2 before surgery. Just my opinion though, do the best you can to follow your plan. If you start getting shaky and dizzy please eat something healthy and low carb. 

Good luck!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

airbender
on 7/21/11 7:26 pm
oh my gosh, liquid diets are the worse.  I only had a day before liquid diet, and sorry 2 weeks-come on, geesh.  ohhh I feel for you, but in 2 weeks you will be switched, just keep holding on to that one....
dranoa
on 7/21/11 8:12 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
 I empathize as i'm currently on day 6 of my two week liquid pre-op diet for Dr. Greenbaum. VM's suggestion of Egg Drop soup has lead me down a path of eating some really good Thai/Japanese/Chinese broth soups I normally wouldn't have tried in the past. 

With all the sweet flavors that have been flooding my palate via protein shakes and jello, the savory broth is a nice return to some pleasant falvors. The Hamaguri Ushiojiru.and Chinese Chicken Corn Soup (strained) were among my favorites for incorporating some delicious broths into my diet. :) 

I think the first day or two was the most difficult, as my sense of smell seemed to be accute and every other smell was either causing nausea or driving me to salvation. >:P~
Grilling steaks and chicken on the barbeque last night didn't bother me. Slicing the meats up for the children to eat, whilst not having a drink of my own at hand wasn't brilliant. I must always have something at hand I've noticed, as it helps me quench any hunger pains i might have. 

Good luck to you on your journey! 

Alex :) 
(deactivated member)
on 7/21/11 10:42 pm - Beverly, NJ
How are you doing?  It's almost time!  Excited yet?
dranoa
on 7/21/11 10:57 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
 I'm doing well as can be expected. My hubby keeps telling me i look pale, i have bouts of nausea, and i'm drinking constantly to avoid hunger. I am of the firm belief that this two week pre-op diet period is an exercise in fluid intake! 

I am soo excited to have my DS and join everyone on the other side. But I suspect I'm more excited to being closer to having a blue cheese bacon burger post surgery. :D I'm doing the steps i need to bring me to a return to food! LOL!! 
(deactivated member)
on 7/21/11 11:01 pm - Beverly, NJ

The nausea and pale look I'm going to guess s your bodies way of telling you that you need more fluid intake but I would check if you feel uneasy about it.  I wasn't nauseous or pale at all.  

Funny I couldn't wait for all of this to be over so I can eat again too!  lol Post-op it's a challenge because I can actually eat things I couldn't on the liquid diet but I still swear by the pre-op liquid diet it really is helping me stay on track with the post-op. I understand it's different for everyone though.

dranoa
on 7/21/11 11:16 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
 Whilst I feel as though I'm drinking constantly, hanging with the girls at the lake after work probably evaporated all my intake. I do believe I'll be hiding in a/c today to replenish and get my color back. 

And masochist that i am, we're heading to Hoboken later to visit Cake Boss's bakery. My sister wants to order a cake for the kids birthday party for next week AND get a shirt or two to bring back home. :) 

lovemypugs
on 7/21/11 9:38 pm - VA
I hated my liquid diet. When I think of chicken broth I want to vomit! I don't think I will ever have it again just by itself like I did on liquid diet. It was really hard at first but I found that after a few days it got easier. Good luck!

Duodenal Switch on February 21, 2011

Surgery weight: 276; Current weight: 122; Height: 5'5

Plastics scheduled for 10/3/14: BL/BA, LBL, TL

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/11 10:41 pm - Beverly, NJ

I was sooo angry I had to do a liquid diet.  Xanex helped.... Alot! I also lived for the Extra's new dessert flavored gums (mint chocolate chip!) That and like dranoa said lots of egg drop soup.  I did one broth meal a day.  Trust me it helps, your salty taste buds will thank you.  I also blended my drinks to make them frothy.  This helped with telling my belly it had more in it than it did.  

Pre-op the liquid diet sucks.  Post-op I am never more grateful for doing it.  Yes the physical aspects of it can be done another way.  But I'm a food addict.  I know if I hadn't done the liquid pre-op this post-op eating would be so much  harder.   For me it was a valuable tool I'm glad I stuck too.  By the second week you'll feel more zen about it.  Right now you're ready to kill anyone you even think is chewing something.  It's worth it, I promise.  Well at least it was for me.  

If you need to vent or need some idea's on sticking to it hit me up :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 123 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 664 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views